Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 13:27. »
Dave your spot on the anpr and facial recognition systems at all airports including ALC are extremely good. The question is, who is looking for what and if a driver was stopped ,and the policia pulled up all the times you had entered the airport over the last 18 months, what explanation was given that would stand up to basic scrutiny.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 15:49. »
I know a few of the "illegals" hire cars in the Summer peak months for a couple of weeks at a time.....stops their regular motor hitting the ANPR too many times

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 17:17. »
I've just done a quick count and I reckon I have done about 20 drop off's / pick ups so a total of around 40 times in the drop off area in the last 18 months. All those have been family except for a couple of favours for neighbours with no cash involved. Averages around twice a month but mostly are Easter summer and Christmas.

I could justify all the family ones with flight bookings if necessary but wonder how deep the Policia would question if I was randomly stopped.

I didn't realise how many I had done, perhaps I should start charging!!

Dave

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 09:17. »
I think if you were stopped it would be a 'here's your fine - prove us wrong' attitude by the police. Spain needs the money.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 09:36. »
I suppose until someone official at ALC decides its a problem then theyve got more important issues. Though this is spain and as BWS says they need the money, a weeks operation targetting frequent visitors would no doubt generate a few quid.
They dont like it up em !