Author Topic: Ryanair or is it lyingair  (Read 5096 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Ryanair or is it lyingair
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 09:48. »
We never payed for seats together but always got put together.......until this year. Now they definitely split you up.
I'm sure there are plenty who will pay to sit together in future and if so, then Ryanair have done what they no doubt set out to do.

Wor lass was 10 rows behind me last time even though there was no one next to me. After we took off I went to see her. She asked if there was a spare seat.....I said no  :D
Two and a half hours on a plane is nothing and we're happy to use the £30 we save (Coz I've never...ever found one of the £6 seats they advertise!) to buy a few ice cold beers or glasses of wine.

We're going to Tenerife in November and Torremolinos next easter with another couple and have paid for us all to sit together on those flights as they simply can't bear the thought of sitting alone. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 18:12. »
Just found another Ryan air rip off, if you fly with a child then you MUST buy a seat although the child gets a free one next to you. I did find some cheap ones for €4 but guess where they were?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2017, 20:01. »
Article in the daily mail today with some family bleating about being seperated and sat all over the plane because they were too tight to pay for allocated seats, and thought Ryanair would sit them altogether because they should. 2 facts here, the first you weren't separated because you were never sat together to start with, secondly despite numerous requests during the lengthy booking process you chose NOT to pay for allocated seats, your decision, no force or coercion used, just thought we'll get something for nothing.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 09:22. »
Still missing the point victor if you make a major change to your service like this is be up front announce it put it on your website ...

Say if you don't buy a seat then you will not be sitting together

People can then decide

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34. »
They never did promise a seat together.....the only way to guarantee the seats of your choice is to prebook them.
We always book two isle seats.......surprising how many requests you get from the passengers in seats A&B and E&F if they can swop with you as they have mobility issues. Our answer is always no, if you have issues then book and pay for the seats you want, just as we did to select these seats

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 12:29. »
Totally agree puddywoo that's what I've been saying be honest Ryanair then people can make their choice I usually pay because I like a aisle seat but that's my choice others choose not to pay extra and if that means they can't sit together fine but make it known

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 13:10. »
Cheers Spurs, your comments are appreciated

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline petercs

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 13:26. »
John has been one of the most helpful people on this site, for me it was advice about a refurb for the kitchen. People come and go on this site and a small minority use it to dig at others. John is totally right about paying for seats. If you want a choice of seats then pay for them. A much bigger issue on these low cost airline flights is the number of stag/hen parties who have absolutely no consideration for other passengers

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 15:30. »
I have removed a post that was defamatory about one of our members who is also a very considerable contributor to this site. I want this site to continue in a friendly and informative way and not go against our Forum rules. Other postings have been removed to make things look a bit more presentable.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 15:39. »
Many thanks for that.  Let´s not allow this forum to degenerate into bitchiness and name-calling.

Bert

Offline Chris C

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 21:01. »
As said previously if you want particular seats then pay for them or fly with Jet2, Monarch etc if you feel they provide you better value... leave those of us who don't give a toss where we sit to continue enjoying dirt cheap flight to the Costa Blanca. Ryanair is a business not a charity. If you think they are being under-hand then don't use them, simples

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 21:52. »
Agree 100% with Chris C.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 22:35. »
Chris C has hit the nail on the head, ryanair has becone a huge sucess simply because there business model is to sell a seat cheaper than any other airline, but at the lowest price thats all you get a seat, extras cost more. We have travelled all over europe with ryanair for flights that cost less than £50, an absolute bargain. Last month we flew to new york with BA, lovely big allocated seats of our choice, 2 main meals and 2 snacks during flight, unlimited bar service, endless entertainment, lovely hostesses, an all round great service. Cost £600 each, puts our £90 flughts with ryanair to alicante into perspective.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32. »
100% agree with Victor as well
I flew to Switzerland with Swiss Air. Free croissant, coffee, orange juice and a chocolate as I left the plane and my hand luggage was a bit big so they put it in the hold for free. The cost 4 times a Ryanair flight.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 13:42. »
I have removed a post that was defamatory about one of our members who is also a very considerable contributor to this site. I want this site to continue in a friendly and informative way and not go against our Forum rules. Other postings have been removed to make things look a bit more presentable.
Hi

You have removed mine. I dont mind but I never said anything defamatory ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II