Author Topic: Brexit, that horrible word  (Read 30689 times)

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Brexit, that horrible word
« on: March 28, 2016, 15:54. »
Both getting a bit concerned about the brexit vote. Will it take this lifestyle away from us.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 16:16. »
Hope things will carry on as normal, Brits lived in Spain pre EU, I have a place on GA but am a pro Exit,not unduly worried about how it will affect us owners in Spain reckon they need us, virtually everyone I speak to in UK wants out so an exit is looking possible.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 16:21. »
Think the reciprical healthcare will be the biggest problem! for pensioners. Will we still have it?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 16:48. »
Not sure about that, hopefully if Spain wants to encourage brits to buy houses and settle in Spain some reciprocal agreement will be made.

Offline Chris C

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 17:25. »
I don't actually think the vote will be for exit. It will be close but my feeling is it will be like the Scottish indipendence vote and a very close call, albeit to remain status quo

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 17:38. »
I think it will be an exit unless there is some serious campaigning between now and the vote almost everyone you speak to says they will vote out .  I think the only people who can save the EU in total is Merkel , Junkers etc who need to come out with some clear reasons why we should stay. I think they are fiddling while Rome burns looking at they EU and recent events I think both Germany and Belgium will have to review their membership in the next 2-3 years . I think it will be a disaster for the EU and it will implode if we leave but overall I think we will be better off .
On healthcare I think there will be companies selling access to healthcare in spain if the reciprocal agreement goes

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 17:45. »
Hi Spurs there are already companies selling access to healthcare in spain, private, which we paid here for many years, BUT around 200 euro per month for 2 people.

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 18:27. »
I think it will be an exit result ,with Turkey now been able to travel within EU without visa from October.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 19:07. »
Hope for the UK's future its an out vote, if we vote in the EU will walk all over us.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 19:09. »
Yes Kevin, think you are right

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 19:13. »
The bit about Turkey is very worrying.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 19:18. »
I am amazed at how quiet it is about what is probably the biggest decision in our lifetimes . Very little factual information no campaigning no rallying speeches by leading figures no sweetners from other EU countries just no detail .  I think the in campaign has a massive gap to make up but they don't seem to be doing anything Cameron's gone quiet ( I think he may be reading the writing on the wall ) .corbin is just an idiot who can't get off the fence and no one remembers who the liberal democrats leader is he's made that much impact

Give us the info so we decide !!!!

Offline Chris C

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 19:52. »
Spain joined the EU in around '85/'86 iirc so for 30 years both uk and Spain have enjoyed being equal members, has anyone lived/owned property in Spain prior to them joining the eu and have any experience of what major difference it makes?

Things I can think of is issues such as healthcare, driving licences etc. but as there is a large Scandinavian presence in GA and they are not members of the eu then I assume they don't have any major issues.

I will be voting to remain in

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 20:33. »
Do you know how the Scandinavians live out here regards healthcare.
Do they have a reciprocal agreement or do they have to pay for private health.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 20:35. »
I'm looking to buy in Spain early next year and I'm still voting to leave the EU.
There was a very good reason for setting it up in the first place. It has kept peace and opened up trade.
Unfortunately, I no longer think that it is fit for purpose. The bureaucracy it creates is outrageous. Too many are taking from the pot and the UK is putting too much in.
I personally don't think too much will change trade wise and I don't think much will change between the UK and Spain in general. There'd be far too much for both to lose.
Let's hope so anyway!

Cheers

Davy !!!