Author Topic: Not a lot to say?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 19:38. »
Looking at the list the top thirty are all regular posters. I reckon if I post 10 times a day for the next week and a half I can knock 'Sunseekers' off tenth position.
Wow, didnt know there was a list or that we were tenth on it, come on Blue and White stripes, go for it. i would encourage anyone to have their say, communicating with each other about this place which we love keeps the forum alive, and I also agree with Victor that if it wasnt for Mr John Hannon the forum would be a very different place if here at all, when your house sells John please don't stop posting and everyone else please start.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 15:56. »
The forum just mirrors life to me. Life isn't as organised as this forum and isn't a load of threads.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 16:21. »
I’ve read the above replies and although I’ve never met  Victors Grandad or indeed Victor I find myself agreeing with Victors Grandads opinion of “grow a pair and get involved”.
Topics drift off line....it happens, it’s not the end of the world.
Someone doesn’t agree with your opinion, it’s life, you don’t agree with their opinion, move on.
You don’t like someone’s response, again, it’s life, I often don’t like Mrs H’s response but we are still happily married after 40 odd years
There arnt many threads we have had to close, or posts to remove or amend as administrators as it is a forum frequented  by members who follow the rules and display common decency to each other, as someone commented it’s tame, so c’mon, get posting!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 18:16. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline masmu

Not a lot to say?
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 19:01. »
I have been a member of this forum and its predecessor since 2004.  In those exciting early days of buying our house here the forum was invaluable for the information on offer. 

Yes there were some 'interesting' characters who loved to be confrontational and controversial (often just for the hell of it) and yes they did cause a lot of people to abandon the forum.

I was concerned when Hans disbanded that particular forum but have to say that I think John H has done a sterling job with Gasbags!  I do look at the forum every day but, have to admit, mainly as a lurker and not bothering to log in or contribute very regularly.

Note to self -  must try harder in future to contribute.

Thanks again John

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 19:48. »

but have to say that I think John H has done a sterling job with Gasbags!  I do look at the forum every day but, have to admit, mainly as a lurker and not bothering to log in or contribute very regularly.

Note to self -  must try harder in future to contribute.

Thanks again John

We second that!  Well done John and Les!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 19:55. »
Totally agree with John doing a great job.
So what if a thread drifts off course, if you want to see chaos go on 'arrse'

Offline jondowool

Not a lot to say?
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 11:46. »
I am guilty of not posting for a while. Sometime ago I needed a mechanic to look at my car and guess who came with a recommendation - John H of course. Sorry John I have not returned the favour and helped others look for help but will try in future.
Your doing a good job. The car is fine still going even though its 20years old.

Offline SueB

Not a lot to say?
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 19:21. »
I would be lost without this forum.  We have had our property for about 14 years but only manage to get out a couple of times a year and therefore a lot of changes happen between each of our visits and it is the forum which keeps us up to date.  I have also had to ask on several occasions for help and someone has always come through for me and hopefully my small contribution has helped in the past.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 19:24. by SueB »

Offline Graham H

Not a lot to say?
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 19:42. »
Love this forum. Keeps me in touch with the place that calms me in the madness of life. I love GA and can`t wait to get back.

You`re forum is brillant John and long may it continue.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 19:44. by Graham H »

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 19:51. »
Love this forum. Keeps me in touch with the place that calms me in the madness of life. I love GA and can`t wait to get back.

Im the same, keeps my sane thinking of GA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Graham H

Not a lot to say?
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 19:57. »

Im the same, keeps my sane thinking of GA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too right mate. Had a tough week at work this week. All over North Wales and next week i`m in Newcastle for a week in a Premier Inn neat the Metro Ctr. A million miles from GA and Carabassi beach. Soon be spring and a week then 3 weeks in the summer  ;D

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Not a lot to say?
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 16:02. »
Hello all...interesting post
I joined the plaza the first year we came over to holiday in GA and the help and advice was invaluable. But I also did not mind the "arguments" it gave me a few laughs. I also dont mind threads drifting to a point as long as someone brings it back round. I was told once on the plaza that a forum was akin to being in the pub with lots of people talking with different opinions.

However with me being just a holiday maker coming out once a year I only have a catch up on here every few weeks, but still like knowing whats going on over there the scams/new places ect ect.

I loved the post about massa sq. As I dont mind "a bit of rough" but my wife does not like it at all. From the outside looking in its a good insight into the GA. 

Yes we should all post a bit more to keep it alive and well....
Phillip