Author Topic: CRAZY  (Read 10857 times)

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

CRAZY
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:16. »
CRAZY

Crazy things take place on Gran Alacant.

We like to use the coffee shop Sezadu which has parking outside adjacent to the school.
The Urbanisation that it is part of, have decided to gate their community.
They have put the gates BEFORE the coffee shop, rather than AFTER the coffee shop, meaning that the business is now gated in, losing their parking slots, and probably not helping their business.
What idiots made that decision, unless of course someone knows better.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 14:52. »
Idiots who are sick of using of others using the private roads on our community.
People cant park outside their houses during the school run period due to parents cars parking their cars on private roads.
People are woken in the morning by lorries driving too fast over the speed bumps on our private roads with crates of bottles rattling away.
We have had signs saying Private Roads for a few years..........but no one takes any notice of these.
I dont supoose the other businesess on that corner will be too happy either.
We where told 10 years ago that the whole community would one day be gated, I have allways thought it a bad move........but I'm in the minority.
It has been debated continualy and shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone who owns a poperty on Novamar

Regards all

John (Novamar resident)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 15:06. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

CRAZY
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 15:59. »
No complaints about gating the community, buy why gate in somebody's business. Move the gates 20 yards. Brainless.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 17:25. »
Part of the problem of buying a business on a community......it has its advantages of being near plenty of "chimney pots" but other disadvantages
If the business/ parking places falls within the communities demise it has to follow the rules
There could well be several businesses operating from people's houses on the community, Spanish lessons, chiropractor, translator, etc etc......they all face the same problem and the same advantage.

Regards all

John

PS More barriers are being installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 17:46. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 18:12. »
Suppose as the community has to pay for road  repairs its in their interest to keep traffic off it, I wouldn't want customers driving over a road that  i have to contribute to the upkeep of.

CRAZY
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 18:45. »
Just thoughtless and unfair to a business, when moving 20 yards would solve it.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 20:20. »
I'm with you Barry seems very unfair on the business if people can't get to it . I don't like gated communities I think they look a mess also how do emergency vehicles etc get in if an emergency happens and there is no one around to open the gates

They did ours a few years back doesn't seem to make a difference as a lot have people have multiple communities keys etc .

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 08:53. »
That's interesting as the road serves several Novamar phases. Is there still pedestrian access or is that gated too. My mailbox is just past Sezadu so it looks like I shall have yet another gate to  open just to pick up my flyers and junk mail. Gets more like Wormwood Scrubs as time goes by.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 10:04. »
Here you go Tony

CRAZY
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 14:30. »
picture attached shows barrier before the bar, why could the barrier not go by the lamp post beyond the bar

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 14:54. »
It's a one way street Barry, it would be rather dangerous having cars/vans driving against the flow of traffic into the community if the barrier were moved further down the road

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 14:58. by John Hannon »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 17:24. »
I'm wondering if you set the gates back beyond the café you would set a precedence , effectively saying we are not concerned about that section of the road between the gate and the public highway, by setting the gate at the junction there is no doubt, if It was my  decision in a similar situation I would have had the gates by the junction, it's unfortunate for the café but its more important to act in the interests of the community.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 17:52. »
Agreed Kevin
The fact that the community would one day be gated has been on the agenda for 10 years
Manoli who owns the cafe also lives on Novamar as well as operating a business on the community
Herbie who operated the bar previously was aware that this was a strong possibility, he also lived on the community
The Administrators who offices are in the same block as Sezado use the cafe.....so I would guess the subjects been debated

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 18:05. by John Hannon »

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 23:58. »
Thanks for the pic, John. Just have to brush up on my limbo dancing.  ;)

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
CRAZY
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 12:38. »
The blocks for the little kids (ages 3+) are down that end, so now, on these cold mornings, their parents will have to battle for non-existent spaces right up the other end and walk down. Just so long as everyone can find a place to park their car on those frequent trips out at exactly 8.50 on the morning from which you return in no more than fifteen minutes.

Only in GA could ex-pats buy a house right next to a school and then complain about cars for a few minutes during the school run.