Author Topic: Improved Passport Checks at Alicante-Elche Airport  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Maricia

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Improved Passport Checks at Alicante-Elche Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 16:18. »
Maybe some happy pills for the miserable staff lol

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 16:37. »
Agree.  They need a lesson from the guys at Southend.  Lovely bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:50. »
I assume they are meaning that the system that is already in place is ease the queue's ? 

The ABC system that is there now still cannot progress one aircraft full of people at a steady walking pace. If more than one aircraft disembarks within 30 mins the delay is significant.

This bandwidth for scanning, analysing and then passing the traveller through each gate is pathetically slow. Thats even if you do it perfectly - add in a few of the drunk Benidorm crowd who don't know which way is up with their passport and its another delay.

Until it works seamlessly they should keep the manual guardia eyeball scan and away you go.

Ironically if the queue starts to go around the corner the exasperated lady who is trying to organise the line send people from the back across to the manual check - who then all get quickly waved through.
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:38. »
It’s not just Alicante airport where these machines arnt fit for purpose, Lord knows how they passed the testing stage.
Still what’s an half hour queue when you’re there for a few weeks
Luckily at Leeds Bradford they still do it the old fashioned way, service with a smile and very quick

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Chris C

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:24. »
It’s not just Alicante airport where these machines arnt fit for purpose, Lord knows how they passed the testing stage.
Still what’s an half hour queue when you’re there for a few weeks
Luckily at Leeds Bradford they still do it the old fashioned way, service with a smile and very quick

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is until you land at LBA at the same time as a Jet2 from Alicante, a Jet2 from Malaga, a Ryanair from Malaga and a KLM from Amsterdam. LBA is a joke for allowing so many flights to land at the same time and cause long delays at Border!

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 07:52. »
The automatic booths at LGW are quite twitchy. I seldom get it to work on the first attempt.