Author Topic: water turned off  (Read 855 times)

Offline Davison

water turned off
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:34. »
Hi I wonder if anyone can help the water company were working on our road and notified that water would be off two hours which it was.  strange noises coming from plumbing during shutdown.  when water on again scary noises like no water then a massive surge of black water and a bang taps rattling it was like Amitiville horror all taps were same so I ran them for a while.  What worries me now is I have natural gas central heating radiators and I am worried turning it on is that going to clatter and bang so has anyone had similar probs or know whether all will be ok with the boiler.  ive contacted water people and they weren't very helpful as my Spanish wasn't up to his standard ha.
thanks
Allison

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
water turned off
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:45. »
Should be ok as the radiators keep the same water in them they only top up if some more is needed like if you take a rad off to paint wall etc

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
water turned off
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:49. »
Spurs is spot on - the circulatory water is sealed off - you only open it up to the mains if you are refilling following a rad repair or replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline Davison

water turned off
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 13:39. »
Thank you both has put my mind at rest.  ;D

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
water turned off
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 16:24. »
Often when the water supply is turned off for repairs air gets in the pipes and is compressed when the water is switched back on this will bang and crash when you turn taps on as the air rapidly expands, you can also get cloudy white water out of the tap but this is just dissolved air.