Author Topic: Car hire return  (Read 2535 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 12:31. »
I used Record this September and they stamped my rental contract after inspecting the car, no questions asked.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Car hire return
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 12:58. »
I must be lucky, I’ve never been charged a cent, like puddy-woo lots of rentals over the last 12 years.
When you see the state of some rental cars you can understand why the companies impose these charges, there must be some shocking drivers out there.....all of whom I assume say “not me guv” when damage on the car is pointed out to them.
I wouldn’t want to buy one second hand!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hello John,I too have been hiring cars 4/5 times a year for the last 13 years.I have never had a problem when returning a car until the last time I was over.I took photos of the car when I picked it up the photos that I took shown that the tiny scratch was already there,my insurance company even said so when I sent them the photos.If I do something wrong I will hold my hands up .The insurance company were brilliant and told me that they had been having a lot of complaints about record go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car hire return
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 16:29. »
I try to make time to take photos but we are very last minute people. I do love to virtually walk to the queue and board. Have waited for my car to be checked before in August and after waiting for around 15 mins just gave up.

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Car hire return
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 21:53. »
I seem to take a different approach....I pay their insurance.
To be honest, I don't find it that expensive. Especially as I never book it initially and they (Record Go) email me an offer a few days before hand at a decent rate.
I didn't used to, but the stress was killing wor lass.
It does make a difference not having to worry about getting charged extra for things I know I haven't done.
I do miss paying €35 instead of €80 for around 5 days car hire....but peace of mind is great.....and a happy wife is a happy husband......so I'm told!

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline Denise

Car hire return
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 07:12. »
After hiring for years...and having to wait in long queues ...and paying over the odds in peak season...I bought a 5 year old car from Frank Riscoe motors....that was 3 years ago.  ..it's more than paid for itself. ...and I havnt had any problems ..I wish I had done it 12 years ago...but obviously I would have had to replace it ....  Eventually. ..ha ha.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 18:46. »
We have hired over 100 times in twelve years mostly with Record we only had one bad experience and that was with Centauro and we got our money back off them (a €25 refuel refund on a full / full contract) small beer compared with some of the sums on here.

Check out Record, RecordGo and Goldcar on Trip Adviser reviews and you will never hire a car again or sleep easy if you do. I haven't looked at any others but apparently Alicante airport is a hot spot for the scams.

http://europakonsument.at/en/news/sentence-against-goldcar-italy

Check out the link above - Goldcar need to get €2m back off someone!!

It could be you

Dave

Offline David Sage

Car hire return
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 10:51. »
I always use xtra car hire www.xtra-car-hire.com easy collection & return, no queues and no extra charges.

Offline SueB

Car hire return
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 12:25. »
We stopped hiring cars several years ago and now use the buses to get around.  When we did, we did not experience any problems, except for the last minute hike in price when collecting, but there again we always paid their exorbitant insurance so that we had no worries.  This year we needed a car because we had family coming over and wanted a car delivered and collected to our house, so after contacting several companies in the area, we decided to use http://www.xtra-car-hire.com/ as this company had been recommended previously on this site and is competitively priced.  Excellent service, the car was collected and delivered on time, we were given a 24 hour telephone number should we experience an emergency and told not to worry as we were covered insurance wise for everything except loss of keys and a couple of things that I cannot remember, so we just took a UK insurance policy out to cover this before we came over at a cost of £12 for the week.  Cars apparently are not as new as the big companies supply but under 4 years old.  We would definitely use this company again.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car hire return
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 14:20. »
We used xtra care hire quite a few times. Never had any problems.  I stopped using them though as a couple of cars we had were most definitely well over 4 years old - more like 14 !!! and their prices quite a bit higher.  We didnt mind paying the extra for the convenience at the airpor and also additional drivers were included in price but our last car was a right old banger!!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Car hire return
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 16:50. »
Yes totally agree. We found xtra very helpful, with them bringing the car to you the best bit. There "all in" price is very reassuring. We also had a couple of quite old cars, what are good for pottering around GA in (and you dont look like a tourist) But would like something newer if driving out a bit more.
Phillip