Author Topic: Car hire return  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« on: November 14, 2017, 19:42. »
Just a warning guys took a car back to airport today no problem with mine but there must have been a purge as loads of people in departures were moaning that they had been stung for damage ,missing things etc on return .  Always take photos on every panel on pickup check you have a parcel shelf aerial and spare wheel  jack etc warning triangle and hi  Viz my advice is get car hire insurance for period you are there from insure4carhire etc if you don’t take their insurance

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 20:11. »
They have to make money somehow in the lean months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Car hire return
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 20:17. »
I had a problem with record car hire when I was over, I took photos of the car before I drove off but when I returned it they tried to say I had scratched the bumper.They charged me nearly €400 for the scratch but lucky enough I had insurance with insurance4carhire & got my money reimbursed.I normally book with Centauro but I left it too late so hired off record go, I won’t be using them again I’ve never had any problems with Centauro, like you say you need to have your own insurance if you don’t take out there’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 22:26. »
Amazing €400 for a scratch wow. Got me thinking I wonder if they got it repaired I think if they ever charge me even though I’m covered I will demand to see proof of repair ie photos and a paid bill not sure how that will go down

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Car hire return
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 23:39. »
Amazing €400 for a scratch wow. Got me thinking I wonder if they got it repaired I think if they ever charge me even though I’m covered I will demand to see proof of repair ie photos and a paid bill not sure how that will go down
There is no talking to them ,all I got off them was your insurance will cover the damage,when I said I wouldn’t be using them again he just shrugged his shoulders.The car had a lot of damage on it when I hired it & if it hadn’t been so late I wouldn’t have taken so I just took photos & went.I was lucky I had taken out my own insurance & would definitely recommend insurance4carhire .

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Car hire return
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 00:28. »

I doubt they ever get them repaired. (and its defo a scam!) But maybe they could claim the cost covers the depreciation off the value of the car???
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 00:33. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39. »
Centauro are just as bad. A couple of years back they charged me €300 for a damaged parcel shelf that was already damaged when I collected the car. I had photo'd the outside ass a precaution but not the inside.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car hire return
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 10:01. »
We’ll probably all get hit at some point, those of us who rent a lot.  Touch wood I’ve been ok for the last 14 years regularly hiring at least 5 times a year. (I am touching a lot of wood right now ). I also have insurance that I purchased online in the UK

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Lolabunny

Car hire return
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24. »

This is one of the biggest scams at the moment with car hire!! How on earth they are getting away with it is beyond me!! I have noticed that they target people who have not purchased the rental companies very expensive insurance. So, yes it is very important to have your own such as Insurance4carhire.com.  Two couples we know have been ‘done’ in last couple of months but fortunately had this extra cover. Then I have just had 270 euros taken from my credit card for a rental in Manchester in July!!!! No letter no notification no information whatsoever. I contacted Insurance4carhire because they stipulate a time that claims must be made. They were very helpful and said they would not stick to this, but to claim I need written information from car hire of ‘supposed’ damage, estimate of repair and invoice of repair. I have emailed Interrent (part of European) and have received acknowledgement, but cannot see it being easy to obtain this paperwork. Oh!!! And customer services do not have a phone number, emails or post only.  Happy days.......

Offline Lolabunny

Car hire return
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27. »

Sorry, typo!!! Should say mother company of Interrent is Europcar.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 10:36. »
I must be lucky, I’ve never been charged a cent, like puddy-woo lots of rentals over the last 12 years.
When you see the state of some rental cars you can understand why the companies impose these charges, there must be some shocking drivers out there.....all of whom I assume say “not me guv” when damage on the car is pointed out to them.
I wouldn’t want to buy one second hand!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 16:40. »
I have been renting from Record for many years with no problem. However in July they debited credit card with 100 euros with no reason given, even though they had stamped paper work on return as no damage!!

I queried with them and they stated we had damaged a wheel hub, when I pointed out they had said no damage they just ignored me. I rang credit card company who reversed debit when I sent paper work showing Record had said no damage.

When I went to rent a car 2 mints later I was told by Record that I had been in effect blacklisted for non payment of damage !, after much explaining they eventually gave me the car and said they would look into it. so when I go again in a few months I may have to get a taxi home and sort car hire later if still blacklisted

Offline Jahett

Car hire return
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 09:52. »
I have also been charged for 400 euro, for a scratch i didnt do. And they didnt return the gasmoney. I have renter 4 times this year Record go on Alicante AirPort. I also had problems about i got sick when i should return the car and they would charge me 50 euro each day i had the car extra. total 150 euro for 3 days. My wife had to take taxi 2 times to the airport to get the rate to 15 euro. They tried to take advantege of me being sick. Why didnt they fix IT so my wife could drive the car. Now i have MasterCard,consumer  agency Europe and my selves have made claims to Record Go. I have picture before and after renting the car showing i havent made any scratch on the frontbumper. I wil never rent frome Record Go again. MasterCard tells me this is typic Spain

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car hire return
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 10:17. »
Just a little tip I always make them sign the original agreement stating no damage on return and keep it .however now they are using iPads to record the details when you return the car they are not so keen to do this . They just say all ok and expect you to walk away but I won’t leave till it’s signed it can end up being the only paperwork you get

Offline Jahett

Car hire return
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 10:58. »
When i leave Alicante to Norway the office is closed. The only thing i can do is to take picture and film.
I recomend all customers to take the figth with Record go. If everybody Does, maybe in the future people wont be ripped of by the disreputable car Rental company.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:03. by Jahett »