Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 2875 times)

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 22:46. »
We did Christmas here once, never again as we missed the grandkids and the chaos.

Online denandrose

Christmas
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 22:53. »
La Paletta don't close until December. Tutti's close December and January.
We also had a great New Years Eve in Dragon 2 last Year !

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19. »
Even the Canaries can have iffy weather at Christmas. I remember walking back to our cruise ship in the wind and rain last year.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 09:59. »
We are flying out on the 3rd January. I personally love it at this time of year.

We have no issues with the resturants being closed as we now tend to drive out of the area when we do decide to eat out. We had central heating installed a few years ago and it works a treat. We will even be in the pool, well to regrout it  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:01. by Sookie »

Offline Michael

Christmas
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45. »
Although we've been more adventurous in the last few years and travelled further afield at Christmas to explore other continents, we have spent many enjoyable New Year breaks in GA.  We enjoy the relatively longer hours of daylight and the possibility of sitting  in the sun on a sheltered terrace for a couple of hours in the middle of the day!
PS Electric blankets are great to keep beds 'aired' and we've always found the heat pumps in the AC units highly effective at night.   

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Christmas
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 22:15. »
Christmas in the Heed.....sounds good....but it won’t be as nice as here on the Hebburn Riviera!
To be honest, with the bairn all grown up and doing his own thing, nine of us are going to Ocean Road for a curry for Christmas dinner. Can’t wait 😁

Offline bramleylad

Christmas
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 23:41. »
South Shields ! worked there a few years ago and stayed in digs on Ocean Road , never seen so many curry houses in my life ,sampled most of them that fortnight !  :P

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 08:56. »
Tres besos are doing Xmas dinner c7pm with live music and also Molly Malones

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 09:04. »
Curry on xmas day dinner is a step too far for me, wherever i am in the world it has to involve something roasting in the oven with all the trimmings. Its also the one time of year where the family who is scattered around the world try and come together. Thats what we missed in GA, no people, no atmosphere just dead flat, yes you could travel to other areas to celebrate or dine xmas dinner, but that defeats the object somewhat. That said if you like a quiet xmas and your own company  then hey why not.
They dont like it up em !

Online denandrose

Christmas
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 18:27. »
To AndyL and anyone who is looking for a good night out.
Just heard that  Elvis will be in the building at Dragon on New Years Eve.
Apparently a Spanish guy who sounds really good.
The menu is to be posted on their Facebook and the restaurant door.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Christmas
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 14:54. »
Been out the day after Boxing day and actually got a sunburned nose on New Years Day, did find it very flat though the days after Xmas in GA.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Christmas
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 19:54. »
I'd love to spend Christmas in GA.....but not the day itself. Need family around!
This will be the first Christmas ever that I haven't had Turkey. I'll probably make a sandwich for old times sake. Marksy's Turkey slices are lush!