Author Topic: Big Al's Bar  (Read 5717 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 18:21. »
Sorry to disappoint but it wont be the end of the very loud music and or karaoke in the square as  ‘The Pub’ is verrrrry loud.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 18:30. »
From what I hear the story may well feature in a local periodical

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 19:36. »
Hopefully all the clientel will return back home to the Shirley Bassey, where they will make a good addition to the current customer base.
Business in GA has always been tough, but the key factors are loyal regular customers, look after them and you will survive.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 20:16. »
In general Big Al's pandered to the younger generation, God knows where the under 60s can go now for a good night out. Rumour control is saying bar loco might be up for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 22:46. »
In general Big Al's pandered to the younger generation, God knows where the under 60s can go now for a good night out. Rumour control is saying bar loco might be up for sale.

Only my opinion from what i observed the owner of Loko spent most of the summer in masa square at the Pub. Maybe the loyal customer base moved elsewhere.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 13:53. »
It's getting into soap opera territory now.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 14:06. »
Ive always said GA attracts the waifs and strays of society, people who feel they dont fit in back in the uk. And maybe thats the beauty of the area, space for everyone. Saying that cant wait for the next episode.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 20:26. »
Ive always said GA attracts the waifs and strays of society, people who feel they dont fit in back in the uk.
I take it that includes you Victor 😀.                                                                                         
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 20:31. by sunseekers »

Offline bramleylad

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 22:27. »
Reading some of these posts about "loud karaoke" and "pandering to the younger generation" and how noisy The Pub is and there was some more posts on here a while ago about "shocking"  entertainment at The Pub ,i don't know the ages of the people posting but remember how shocking rock'n'roll was or glam rock with men in make up ! we have to remember there has to be something to appeal to all ages ,lets not turn GA into" God's waiting room" !!!  8) :)

Offline adob

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 22:37. »
There’s a rumour that they’ve done a runner/been evicted not for the first time, true or not I do not know, just what I’ve heard

Regards all

John

100% true. Currently squatting in a villa behind the new church. Eviction notice served. Lease for bar terminated due to none payment. Brewery cut them off due to none payment. Money owed to the locals.
Scamming family

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 00:09. »
Sorry to read the tale of woe, but _________________ after my time in the business, I can hand on heart say that if you accept the long hours, the pandering to the customers, & keep your head on sensibly, you can make a decent living, & provide for your future.
Too many people see money going into a till, & get over-inflated egos about being the 'gaffer'.  The reality is, that money is committed from takings, & customers want 'mine host's to be that & not a fellow punter.
I've got the pension to prove it!!!!!!!

Offline Occasional tourist

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 10:31. »
Sorry to read the tale of woe, but _________________ after my time in the business, I can hand on heart say that if you accept the long hours, the pandering to the customers, & keep your head on sensibly, you can make a decent living, & provide for your future.
Too many people see money going into a till, & get over-inflated egos about being the 'gaffer'.  The reality is, that money is committed from takings, & customers want 'mine host's to be that & not a fellow punter.
I've got the pension to prove it!!!!!!!

Well said and so true!

Offline Occasional tourist

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 10:37. »
It seems the poor family who have rented to these animals are going to share photos of the disgusting mess they are about to leave behind as a warning to other landlords. Deliberately water running to ramp up utility bills that they have no intention of paying having already not paid the agreed rent and effectively squatting. I used the word animals, but I love animals, these guys are just scum! Here's to hoping they never come back for a visit, as they are not welcome here!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22. »
I think enough has been said now about the Redknapp Gees, as I noted earlier I have it on good authority that the story will be in a local periodical, I’m sure that those who want to know more will dig it out

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:28. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline adob

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 12:38. »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:58. by John H »