Author Topic: Big Al's Bar  (Read 5716 times)

Offline Shash

Big Al's Bar
« on: October 19, 2017, 14:30. »
What's happened to Big Al's? They've been closed for the last several days/nights? Twas a good laugh in there. Sad to see another ex-pat bar close! Anyone have any info?

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 15:26. »
I know George and his sister left and now work on Jet2 and that Al was trying to sell up. Maybe she has???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 15:29. »
I went to eat at Mykas Kitchen last night. A group of people had been “on it” all afternoon. The aforementioned “Big Al” was amongst them. I have to say the language and behaviour was disgusting  - probably the worst I have seen in my 12 yrs here. Not a pretty sight. Pretty clear to hear and see they have chucked the keys in. Lots of other rumours going about which is (apparently) all over FB -if interested do the research, the truth is out there

Needless to say we didn’t eat there and they did a goood job of clearing shooters and Tres Besos also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 15:31. by BeachLife »
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 15:29. »
There’s a rumour that they’ve done a runner/been evicted not for the first time, true or not I do not know, just what I’ve heard

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 16:26. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 15:40. »
What a shame, well at least there won't be any loud music in Benidorm square any more !!.
Rumour is it's going to
 be a Steak bar.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 16:28. »
I think it’s brilliant news, apart from those owed money who I feel sorry for, no more appallingly bad karaoke at full volume to listen to whilst you’re in The Belfry.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline lesandtony

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 16:48. »
Maybe Mayka should have put a stop to it.  Difficult I know.

These types are certainly not desirable at the best of times its bad enough in Summer. Wrecking hard working peoples livelyhood  by bad behaviour is not on  .

Offline Shash

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 17:40. »
What do you mean "been evicted" and "they owe money to people"? Are we talking about the same people?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 17:56. »
Get out round a few bars and listen to what people are saying Shash.
Interesting to note that the four posts you have made since joining this forum in April 2016 have all been about Big Als, the thought crosses my mind that you know more than you are letting on......

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 18:10. by John H »

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 22:57. »
I do recall a thread last year where on good authority it was stated Big Als was on the market, this thread was vehemently shot down as false and malicious nonsense. In typical Victor style i offered a wager to 2 forum members who had wheeled out the big guns, strangely neither took the bet on what i was suggesting.
I dont know the woman but always found her quite unpleasant.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Shash

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 12:53. »
Ha ha, John H. So it seems I have. Perhaps I am just trying to gather information for a friend? Hopefully, what goes around comes around, and one day they will get their come uppance!

Offline Occasional tourist

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 15:29. »
Delighted to see it go! Without doubt THE worst bar in GA by a mile! Lots of rumours about them not paying rent in either the bar or the house......people like that not needed in GA!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Big Al's Bar
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 16:11. »
I used to go in Big Als occasionally when they had a show on some of which were very good, the karaoke  was loud and some of it not good on the ears but then again karaoke is supposed to be for all levels isn't it?. What has disappointed me
Is the people on here passing on hearsay about their finances and being glad they are going. We can't always have the places we want on our doorsteps and the NIMBY attitude towards their business is appalling.
I wonder where all their old clientele are going to drink now.
Mayka's does a good cider apparently.

Offline Maricia

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 16:35. »
Again rumour mill but I heard it wasn't theirs to sell, owner Liz who lives in the UK relunctly rented it to Alison and Brendan following years of it sitting on the sales market (when it Cafe del Sol). Apparently had to whistle for her rent.
BW
Maricia

Offline Occasional tourist

Big Al's Bar
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 17:42. »
It's not here say regards the finances, it's common knowledge. Unfortunately the people they chose to owe money to are very vocal.