Author Topic: Bar Los Curros  (Read 1934 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Bar Los Curros
« on: October 18, 2017, 14:56. »
Fancying some fish for lunch I thought we’d give the above a try, you couldn’t get closer to where the fishing boats land or to the fish market.
It’s not of the “style” we normally choose to eat at, but it’s always packed with locals which is normally a good sign.
The locals are wise people.
We kicked of with a crab salad and some salted potatoes and garlic, both went down a treat.
The Mrs had her favourite, a gorgeous sole cooked perfectly and I had the best swordfish I’ve had for quite a while
Quick efficient service, not an English voice to he heard, I know I often say it, so here goes, I felt like I was in Spain

Regards all from a dull and grey GA

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline lesandtony

Bar Los Curros
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 15:13. »
Fancying some fish for lunch I thought we’d give the above a try, you couldn’t get closer to where the fishing boats land or to the fish market.
It’s not of the “style” we normally choose to eat at, but it’s always packed with locals which is normally a good sign.
The locals are wise people.
We kicked of with a crab salad and some salted potatoes and garlic, both went down a treat.
The Mrs had her favourite, a gorgeous sole cooked perfectly and I had the best swordfish I’ve had for quite a while
Quick efficient service, not an English voice to he heard, I know I often say it, so here goes, I felt like I was in Spain

Regards all from a dull and grey GA

John

Go in there a bit
Rough and ready but foods good. Get rid of all that thunder and lightning before I get there. Some planes diverting today .

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Bar Los Curros
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 15:17. »
Ey up mate, we’d definitely go again, I must admit to having to push the Mrs in.
It’ll be ELO style Mr Blue Sky for you two....as always, you seem to pick the best weather
Looking forward to the updates

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Bar Los Curros
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 16:58. »
One of our favourites after El Ancla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Bar Los Curros
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 19:51. »
Tried out today and with the weather and holidays it was rammed outside with drinkers sitting in sun and inside with diners, full downstairs but got at table upstairs, Great views from upstairs with large windows looking over sea and beach.
Anyway we had the mixed paella which was delicious and very large which we struggled to finish for 10 euros per head. Lots of octopus, large prawns, sardines etc being served to hordes of locals. Very good service and great food.

Offline Annette

Bar Los Curros
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 22:07. »
Which beach please?

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Bar Los Curros
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 17:40. »
Santa Pola beach, behind fish market and harbour where fishing boats dock on beach.

Offline Annette

Bar Los Curros
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 19:22. »
Thank you.  Next time.....