Author Topic: Just home after 2 weeks. Few observations.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Just home after 2 weeks. Few observations.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 19:51. »
Except for a few UK visits a year I am here almost full time and I reckon I spend money more in the time that I am here than most holidaymakers do in the two weeks they are here. It's just that my spend is over a longer period. Also I have family over regularly who also contribute to the local economy whilst they are here.

As Hazel says GA needs both long term spenders and holidaymakers to make it a successful place to be.

Since being here long term the bars have lost their attraction and more of my money goes to the restaurants. If only some of the bars would appreciate that some of us don't like football - especially spread over four televisions competing with abysmal drunken karaoke singers or live singers (I use the word singers advisedly) who should know better than to show themselves up the way they do; then perhaps I would get out more.

Rant over

I'll get my coat.

Dave

Offline veronica

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 12:30. »
Where is the strip and the what is the name of
The tapas bar please

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 13:04. »
It’s Maykas Kitchen upstairs in the Carabassi Bars

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Graham H

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 17:38. »
Sorry to break the happy theme but Sadly without us "holiday makers" spending thousands in the GA economy during the summer season most bars couldn't remain open during the long winter season or would just go under, my observations over many winter seasons is that many locals dont spend a fat lot in the local economy, the old saying use it lose it has been said many times, or alternatively attract money spending tourists that support your way of life. Sadly you cant have it both ways. My opinion of course.

Bang on.

Wish i could live over there more but at 49 i`ve still quite a few years graft ahead of me. In the 2 weeks just gone we certainly put a good few Euro into the local economy  :-\. Ah well back in tomorrow on a 12 hour but back soon.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 20:31. »
Where is the strip and the what is the name of
The tapas bar please

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Its been widely known over the last 15 years as the Shirley Bassey, a row of bars and restaurants of varying quality and standards. In all fairness Maykas Kitchen is the proverbial jewel in the crown, there have been others over the years remember Los Belgas, the rest i wouldnt really give the time of day too. In the winter months you will see tumbleweed which i think says it all down there.
They dont like it up em !