Author Topic: Just home after 2 weeks. Few observations.  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Graham H

Just home after 2 weeks. Few observations.
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:56. »
Having owned and rented in GA for about 15 years i can honestly say the last 2 weeks is the happiest in all my times there. There just seems a good feeling around the place. All my friends who live there and drink on the strip or Masa Sq seem really happy. Met a few new people this time also who made it a lovely 2 weeks. The wife loves the new shoe shop in the commercial ctr..Oooohh 2 for 20 euro i heard her cry  >:(. The sea was just so warm and i could lounge near the blue monkey from sun up till sun down. Happy times. Just need to persuade her to go back in October for a week  :) Love GA.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 13:55. »
Great to read a good positive post Graham.
Ryanair and French ATC permitting we’ll be there on Monday for a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Graham H

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 14:10. »
Great to read a good positive post Graham.
Ryanair and French ATC permitting we’ll be there on Monday for a month

Lucky man. Enjoy mate. Went in the Tapas bar on the strip on Wednesday night. What a lovely woman and her food was fantastic. Had a lovely night and despite the best efforts of her waiter to get everyones food wrong it was a great night and everyone laughed about his mistakes. We had the lamb some Norweigians had ordered and they had our meatballs. All good fun and she held up her hands and looked to the sky  ;D Great food.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 15:13. »
She’s great isn’t she......it’s on for a revisit, Galician Octopus followed by a leg of lamb, takes some beating

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 15:33. »
Oooh so excited. I fly out on Sunday. Weather looks good. Am very happy.  Yeh the tapas bar is great and she is lovely. Ive already booked La Paletta and will try a new restaurant for us in Alicante - el Atico, views look amazing. Will also try the new Asian where d'Ricardos used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 15:50. »
We are trying El Atico as well following Haidees comments on Facebook

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 15:52. by John H »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 17:41. »
Great review good to see people still enjoying it

Offline Graham H

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 18:22. »
The Chinese upstairs in the GA Ctr was really good the 2 times we went. Maritos (?) Kitchen. I had the 3 delicious and asked her to give the chinese curry sauce a bit of a kick. Delicious was very apt. The flavour was bang on. We shared a potion of salt and pepper ribs in there and they were really really tender. 9/10.

Also a place i`ve never been in is The Alexandria on the strip. Got to say it was very very good. Always thought of it as a cafe type set up but had it recommended by a few people and they were right. The 2 young girls were a bit stretched service wise as i believe the owners wife has just had a baby so they are down on staff numbers. The 2 girls were very pleasant and the food was lovely.

Stella on draught in Oceans was a very nice treat also for a couple after walking back from the beach.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 20:52. »

Regards all

John

We are going on Wednesday.   I'll let u no

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 21:01. »
Impeccable timing for those on the way out; the weather is just turning from very nice to perfect.

A bit windy today but wind is warm and wall to wall sunshine, almost empty beach, warm sea, plenty of parking, no crowds, room in all the bars and restaurants, no heating or cooling required etc etc.

What's not to like!!

I'm not a food fanatic Puddy Woo but if our experience this week of the new Asian (ex d'Ricardo's) is anything to go by you will enjoy it.

Dave

PS Good news for you as well re Uber if memory of past posts serves me well

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 21:04. »
Impeccable timing for those on the way out; the weather is just turning from very nice to perfect.

A bit windy today but wind is warm and wall to wall sunshine, almost empty beach, warm sea, plenty of parking, no crowds, room in all the bars and restaurants, no heating or cooling required etc etc.

What's not to like!!

I'm not a food fanatic Puddy Woo but if our experience this week of the new Asian (ex d'Ricardo's) is anything to go by you will enjoy it.

Dave

PS Good news for you as well re Uber if memory of past posts serves me well
Thanks Dave. Yes very good news x

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 22:56. »

Regards all

John

We are going on Wednesday.   I'll let u no
Hope you all enjoy it! As I said we couldn't fault the food, service or ambiance!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 00:35. »
This is an outrageous topic! Everyone happy and no one moaning it'll never catch on!. I must say there was a happy buzz in the bars the other night now that all the 'ahem' holiday makers are back at work.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 09:37. »
Sorry to break the happy theme but Sadly without us "holiday makers" spending thousands in the GA economy during the summer season most bars couldn't remain open during the long winter season or would just go under, my observations over many winter seasons is that many locals dont spend a fat lot in the local economy, the old saying use it lose it has been said many times, or alternatively attract money spending tourists that support your way of life. Sadly you cant have it both ways. My opinion of course.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:39. by victor »
They dont like it up em !

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 11:09. »
You are right Victor, holidaymakers make a huge contributiion, as with any location that attracts tourists as well as residents. We were part of those holidaymakers ourselves for many years and loved the place so much we have moved here and most people that have now made the place their home as foreign residents were once holidaymakers themselves too. 
It is nice to have just a little less crush though, and if school holiday allowances were not limited to school holidays only and you could take children out without being made to feel like you were damaging their education even for only a week, daresay a lot more people would quite like to have some time here out of the high season, but I suppose thats another matter.
To keep it positive, we love GA, our children and granchildren and their partners also love it here (and are part of the high season holidaymakers) and our friends too, who prefer to holiday out of season because they can, as now their children are all grown up.  All in all a lovely place for the whole year round.
Hazel