Author Topic: Ryanair Nightmare  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 19:09. »
The pressure is mounting daily I suspect O'Leary will not be able to ride this one out ,time to get someone in who understands customers and can lead staff instead of micro manage them command and control always fails in the end

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 19:11. »
Having read some of the replies on here it doesn't appear to matter as cheapest flights will always win the day

Just an observation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 19:27. »
I think price is important but not when it costs you £700 to get home because he has cancelled a flight that he should never have advertised as they knew they didn't have enough staff to run it . It's amazing that up until Saturday you could still book seats on the flights they published as cancelled on Monday. The stories of people who have been refunded only part of bill i.e. not the charge for luggage or seat allocation etc are growing daily, his staff hate him and don't see his airline as a career just a stopgap to get the miles in before moving on to better he refuses to have union of any sort in there so it looks like the pilots have formed an unofficial one via social media

Resign man the company is more important than any one person including You

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 19:32. »
Spurs

I think you've summed up the situation perfectly

I spoke to EasyJet yesterday to alter a previously booked flight and asked if they were short staffed as they took longer than normal to answer
He explained rather diplomatically that over the past few days there work load had trebled due to a certain airlines issues.

Will be interesting to see if Mr O'Leary has overstepped the mark this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 19:53. »
I think he's hoping for that line of thought from consumers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2017, 21:35. »
As stated im a ryanair fan, but Oleary has always been an arrogant little man, but he's created from nothing one of the biggest airlines in the world and if ryanair wasnt around as a discounter how long would it be before easyjet, jet2, monarch,flybe and vueling hiked there prices back up. Love him or loathe him we all benefit.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2017, 21:45. »
Interesting comments from Spurs.

O'Leary should be applauded in how he has grown the company and the influence he has had on the industry as a whole.........the problem as I see it is that the company has outgrown him and his style.

Its time he handed the reins over to someone who has the skill set to put a new culture in the company that would make their staff feel valued.

On the evidence of everything I have read until the culture within the company sees a dramatic turn of direction, which isnt as simple as offering pilots £10,000 to alter their holiday arrangments, the current situation of flight cancellations will be ever present.

In these circumstances will I give Ryanair my business, no. Future flights will be booked with another airline who I feel will be more able to deliver on the contract I made with them to get us from A to B.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 23:35. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 15:48. »
 Spare a thought for poor ole Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair.

After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the lbarman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".

"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be £3 please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up.

He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you £1."

"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in, he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of £4 for your seat sir".

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another £3."

O'Leary was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be £2 please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough! What sort of a Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only £1 per second, or part thereof".

"I will never use this bar again".

"OK sir, but do remember, we are the only hotel in England selling pints for £1."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2017, 17:39. »
He was on a roll yesterday at one point he said being a pilot was an easy job as it was mainly a computer doing it then about 4 hours later he said his pilots may be underpaid in the market !!?!!!!! I suspect someone had a word in his ear

Someone once said there is no such thing as bad publicity we will see

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 14:54. »
This would never happen if Uber started training pilots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 18:00. »
You may laugh but did anyone see that recent easyjet documentary regarding they're pilot training program, if you were a nervous flyer before watching, you sure would be afterwards some were very level headed, most hadn't yet started shaving and there were even some girls. The one kid came on the tannoy, passengers stated he sounded about 12, sometimes your better off not knowing whos got your life in their hands.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2017, 18:43. »
The easyJet programme was great now I'm always looking to see if there are three in the cockpit because that seems to me the one flying is new and about 14 years old

Maybe O'Leary should try that employ kids as pilots they would not need paying as much or so many holidays

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2017, 19:36. »
When I was flying regularly with Monarch just over 18 months ago now they had a young lady pilot; captain not first officer (Irish I thinkl). She got us up and down safely and you could understand her on the intercom not like some of the mumbling male pilots.

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2017, 14:31. »
As suspected this has now spilled over into Nov to march schedule with another 18000 flights being cancelled in that period some 34 routes completely suspended over that period

Chaos shambles what other words can describe this company. O'Leary should go now

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2017, 15:08. »
100% with you Spurs.
We have a flight home booked on Ryanair and it will be our last Ryanair flight for the foreseeable future.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro