Author Topic: Ryanair Nightmare  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 14:08. »
Spurs it certainly doesn't come as a surprise to me either,have used EasyJet for over 10 years(flying twice a week) and no they are not perfect but in that time have only had 1 flight cancelled due to fog at Gatwick which isn't a bad average in over approx 700+ flights and the large majority of those have taken off and landed on time.
I also use the EasyJet Plus card(£199) a year  so I always choose my seat get to take 2 items of hand luggage which isn't bad for just over £2 a flight
I have never even looked to see if Ryanair are cheaper and even if they were I wouldn't use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13. »
The truth is coming out;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryanair-pilot-slams-airline-shower-11203755?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 13:33. »

Offline Chris C

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 14:51. »
The truth is coming out;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryanair-pilot-slams-airline-shower-11203755?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Regards all

John

Gutter press. Don't believe a word they print, not even the date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 15:00. »
Incredibly O'Leary has now turned it to his advantage by publishing all the cancellations now he will only have to compensate the passengers on flights less than 2 weeks away the rest get nothing nada .. this will save ryanair approx £20m

Rotten company to the core

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 15:21. »
This may well be The Ratner episode in Ryanairs history

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline redmond.julie

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 16:21. »
I fly all the time with Ryan air and never once had a problem with them. Almost always on time. I am thankful for what they have done in bring down the costs of air travel.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 16:33. »
Julie
I think there may be a few 1000 who will disagree with you
With regard to them being on time
I think the fact they allow 2 hrs 30/40 mins for what is approximately a 2 hour flight may have something to do with that and then they play the fanfare as if they have done something out of the ordinary

Yes as you say you have never had a problem but I think with Ryanair god help you if you do 

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 17:45. »
I fly all the time with Ryan air and never once had a problem with them. Almost always on time. I am thankful for what they have done in bring down the costs of air travel.

I couldn't agree more, two cancelled flights out of over 200, neither of which was their fault. If Monarch, Jet2 and Vueling want my money they'll have to match Ryanair's prices.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 17:47. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 09:45. »
As ive said before many times im a big fan of Ryanair, there boss is a spiv and totally arrogant, there service is basic, there staff are normally hacked off, BUT there prices nearly always come out a lot cheaper for me who flys twice a month within Europe. I rate highly Easy Jet brilliant airline but from the midlands not the best rotes. Also put into perspective Ryanair fly millions of people they are huge, remember the British Airways debacles of recent years at Heathrow, Virgin left me stranded in New York last year because they always overbook there flights relying on people not turning up, i once landed in HongKong with Emirayes on the way to Australia for everyone to be told the second leg to Sydney was cancelled and to come back in 3 days, the list goes on. I think theyre all as bad as each other.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 09:57. »
Victor have to disagree with your there'll as bad as each other

Fly twice a week with EasyJet and have done for 10 years now,never had an issue with them.

Able to catch earlier flights(no charge )

Change flight dates (only pay price difference)
Name changes(free)

And when I have had to speak to their customer care department which is based in South Africa nothing is ever an issue.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01. »
Ash - you pay £199 a year for the above privileges and flying twice a week it is a good deal but for people like me who fly 10 times a year to ALC and back it wouldn't be worth it. I'm happy with the standard conditions. I struggle to fill my hand luggage let alone a suitcase each way.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 11:09. »
Actually

Being able to change flights and only paying the fare difference and name changes is free as I am in the EasyJet flight club which doesn't cost me anything.

And yes your right an EasyJet Pass does Cost £199 a year but as the seat I sit in Costs between £15 & £18 a flight and I'm able to take 2 items of hand luggage on is a total no brainer for me

Offline Chris C

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 12:17. »
If you thought Tesco was rubbish because their fruit & veg was perrished, or bakery sold stale bread - you wouldn't shop there. Truth is millions fly with Ryanair hastle free, myself included, on countless occasions. They're dirt cheap and have got me too and from UK to Alicante for fantastic holidays so many times. I will continue to fly with them so long as they sell tickets as cheap s they do!

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 13:11. »
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41344653

Yer the company sounds great
Sure their passengers will have a great flight with disgruntled Pilots