Author Topic: Ryanair Nightmare  (Read 8290 times)

Offline jenkin

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 15:07. »
Agreed that Ryan Air should give their customers fair warning of a cancellation, making it possible to make alternative arrangements.  Hopefully we will arrive home on time from our flight later in the month.  Next month we have agreed that we will fly with Jet2 instead as we have a business meeting for which we cannot be late or delayed. Customers need to vote with their wallets and avoid Ryan Air.  Jet2 are a viable alternative out of Stansted, their price structure on this newish route is on par with Ryan Air.  I cannot comment on Jet2 fares from other airports. Jen

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 15:55. »
Ryanair cancels flights after 'messing up' pilot holidays
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41298931

Clearly a company run by total amateurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 16:30. »
Just read this that someone has sent to Ryanair;

Hello, I'm currently sat in Alicante Airport eating a Burger King (which you will be paying for, I'll explain why in a sec don't worry), as when I arrived here earlier today with my wife and her parents and waited in line patiently to go through security, our boarding passes were rejected. This came as a surprise to us, but you already knew this didn't you, you cheeky monkeys!!! And why did our boarding passes get rejected?? Because you CANCELLED OUR FLIGHTS AND DIDN'T TELL US!!!!!! Now this in itself is pretty abysmal, do you agree? But our issues don't stop there do they? Nope. You know what's coming next don't you, cos you're such cheeky monkeys, you have offered us absolutely no solution on how we get home whatsoever, have you?! Nothing. Nada. Do you want to know what the poor girl at your desk in Alicante Airport said to us?? She can get the 4 of us on a flight to Manchester....... A WEEK TODAY!!!!! Are you gonna tell my boss the good news, or should I?! So, to sum up, your company is a DISGRACE. This is only a rant whilst I munch down my Burger King (I've got the receipt to send you don't worry, it was nice too, so thanks in advance), a full and well structured complaint will be following soon enough. I just need to find my way home first, seeing as you have left us all stranded in Spain......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Lolabunny

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 18:45. »

Ryanair did the same to us John, stranded in Newcastle no offer of an alternative flight for a week.  Just need to avoid Ryanair at all costs!!!! There is a very good company in Manchester that are Aviation Solicitors called Botts. They absolutely delight in sorting Ryanair out for abandoned customers, you are entitled to around £400 compensation each.  It's EasyJet for us from now on!!🛫🛫

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 19:10. »
List of flights cancelled up to 20th September is on their website

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

I have successfully used Resolver twice to claim compensation from Ryanair using their 'Flight Compensation Tool'. IT'S FREE.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/rights-guide/flight-delays-cancellations/

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 21:50. »
I can see what he's doing here, he has lots of flights with dwindling numbers of passengers due to the end of the summer season, he has lots of staff who won't have been able to take leave during the silly season all wanting leave.
So he bins loads of flights which would be losing home money anyway, and hopes that lots of passengers won't bother to sue him for the full amount and just get a refund/alternative flight.
I think he's taking a risk but then as the saying goes 'any publicity is good publicity'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 07:37. »
In all they years that I travelled back and forth to GA, Ryanair was the one airline I couldn't bring myself to use. Seems that my gut feeling was right.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 08:55. »
If everyone claims the €250 each that everyone is entitled to claim with less than 7 days notice of cancellation this will really cost him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 19:16. »
Ryanair have published a list of all the cancelled flights up to end of October (except 22,23,24 September for some reason) and no Alicante flights are included on the list.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 19:24. »
Sigh of relief, cheers Blue and white stripes, just hope our friends in France don't screw it up for us now

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 20:33. »
Just found out that our flight home on 29th September is not one of the affected flights......so we'll be able to get home on time.....pity  ;D

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 21:34. »
Next weekend now clear - that means ALC is not affected by these cancellations (for now)
BeachLife

Offline bramleylad

Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 23:05. »
If you are affected by flight cancellations ,don't use a claims company that takes a percentage of your claim use the Resolver website on Martins money tips website ,i did earlier this year when Ryanair delayed our flight ,dead easy ,got €800 back ,and it's FREE !

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 08:35. »
Here's a repeat of my earlier post containing the link.

I have successfully used Resolver twice to claim compensation from Ryanair using their 'Flight Compensation Tool'. IT'S FREE.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/rights-guide/flight-delays-cancellations/
Modify message

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair Nightmare
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 13:36. »
None of this is a surprise the changes to seat allocation then hand luggage and now a blanket of cancellations
And to top it all O'Learys press conference which looked like the ranting of a lunatic he was even foaming at the mouth . It's his own fault treat staff badly they will move on and Norwegian air seem to have managed to get 130 pilots from Ryanair without having to train them
He has also stated that they will not pay for costs etc that people have incurred i.e. Non refundable hotels car hire etc

I hope people sue the hell out of them ,disgraceful way for a major company to behave and shows once and for all that they don't give a toss about customers