Author Topic: MOBILE PHONE PETITION  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:16. »
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but as we all know, the mobile phone coverage in Gran Alacant is pretty dire at times.

There is a petition https://goo.gl/rLzGnb calling for the Santa Pola Town Hall to do something to rectify. 

The more signatures the better!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:51. »
Signed.

Vodaphone offered our community €8,000 a year to site a mobile phone mast on our sports area.

The community after exhaustive debate voted to reject this on the grounds that those near the masts location where worried about the adverse effect the signals could have on their health, this was despite lots of research provided to us stating that there was no evidence of adverse effects on health.

The issue is, as with lots of things, "not in my back garden"

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 15:11. »
There has clearly been some movement with this
My English phone picked up Yoigo in Spain which had a terrible signal but over the last few months a Movistar mast must have been erected close by so I now have no issue with the signal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 15:23. »
I think were all guilty of being a nimby at times, i have loads of good ideas for improving GA but i dont want any near me, i want to enjoy the market, sports facilities, better tv and communications as long as others have any inconvenience this may cause.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 21:27. »
It looks like the dodgy mast that was at the rear of Oceans last year has reappeared behind Molly's, taking up two car park spaces, you couldn't make it up.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 15:44. »
Yes, apparently Telefonica have begun erecting a 60ft mast as you say, which apparently does NOT have a licence.  :o

The bar and restaurant owners in the Carabassi Centre have launched a petition to stop it being completed due to the fact it is too close to them plus Costa Hispania and Novamar, and are inviting people to go along and sign.

GA badly needs better reception, but there are plenty of places it could be sited without it being near either urbs or commercials.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 16:02. »
From what I've read the people who have put it up have applied for retrospective planning permission!!
The landlord or the tenant whose parking spaces are being used for this mast will be praying it goes through, as I posted earlier our community was offered €8,000 a year if we agreed to having one sited in the community

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
MOBILE PHONE PETITION
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 15:19. »
Update, it was removed several weeks ago, they'll probably try and put it up in the school playground next.