Author Topic: GA plunges to new depths.  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
GA plunges to new depths.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 14:23. »
Probably no suprise to older forum and previous  plaza members but i wholeheartedly endorse everything Gavetran has said, the GA i invested a lot of money in over 15 years ago is on the slippery slope to the bottom.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 14:33. »
I have seen 'hooray henrys' behaving just as drunkenly and loudly

So have I, but when Hooray Henries moving into an area chucking champagne around starts adversely affecting property prices and crime rates, please let me know.

I know what I am saying is a generalisation, I know it will be unfairly misrepresenting some people. But honestly some things in life have to be generalised both to make a point, and to take effective actions. I can't interview every person in that square on a Sunday afternoon to ascertain their character and income, but if anyone thinks it's more likely they are a mass of lawyers, doctors and architects celebrating a stock market surge, then I stand corrected.

GA has got worse since I moved here. If by "worse" you count noisy, drunken and generally anti-social behaviour. It was never perfect, but it was as nice an area as I could afford to buy in. I am just anxious not to see it go any further downhill, and I agree with the OP that this act, at 7pm (which is effectively afternoon in Spain by the way) in that square, and what that square has fast become, is a new low.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 15:43. »
We haven't visited GA in July or August for several years, we've never spent an afternoon in MASA square in peak season, so we haven't witnessed the type of behaviour you refer to.
We, as I'm sure many others do, find GA a peaceful, family friendly place to visit where we can walk the streets at night without fear.
It doesn't matter where you go, combine folk on holiday, hot weather a liberal dose of alcohol and possibly other substances and  you will always get a minority whose behaviour isn't acceptable.
As for "Sister Act", doesn't sound like my cup of tea.....in defence of the bar involved maybe the agent hadn't been clear to the bar owner in terms of what the  "act" actually did, it'll be interesting to see if they get a return booking. The bar owners, or at least those I know, definitely do not wish to offend customers.
As I said earlier there is far more to GA than MASA square and GA, it's residents and holidaymakers shouldn't be judged on the actions of a minority

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 15:50. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Savannah

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 17:04. »
REALLY, I happened to be up there that night and 99% of people had an absolute ball. I'm presuming you are retired, with nothing better to do with  your time but winge.  You really need to get a life - you weren't paying to watch the entertainment so I am glad you got up and left as you are not the kind of people I would like to mix with. Also, you seem to like Altea - we would all probably prefer you just move there. I don't have a lot of money but you have made yourself clear that, for that fact,I am beneath you - for that reason, I'm glad I'm genuine and down to earth rather than being up my own boring ass like you.
I will hand on heart say that the Square is a fabulous place to be with next to no trouble and there is no way is it all lowlife - MOST of us are really nice people and would be very happy if people like you didn't make an appearance.
Best wishes

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 17:30. »
Well said Savannah, your response just reinforces my point completely.
Ps dont assume anything in life.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 18:38. »
'Look at the recent post concerning the guy that wanted to know about football and real ale. I'm not on the fence. I don't want him to come on holiday here.'
I like football and real ale and have a house in GA. I must be your worst nightmare.

Offline Savannah

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 19:25. »
Happy to be of help Victor. Next time you n Blue n White stripes up would be really good of you all to introduce yourselves so we could give you a very warm welcome.
Regards
The Common People

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 20:36. »
Savannah - I fear you have missed the point of my reply.

If you read Gaveterran's 14.33 post you will see the first part of my post was a quote from him/her.

I said - 'I like football and real ale' so I'll gladly come and introduce myself to the Common People as I'll feel at home with you all.

Offline Savannah

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 21:22. »
Nice to hear Blue n White - c u tomorrow 😜

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 21:24. »
Just sounds like people having fun if you don't like that entertainment etc vote with you feet leave . Not my cup if tea but I totally get some people like that and hope they have great time if it's not for you don't go simple

Offline Savannah

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 21:40. »
Well said Spurs - glad most of us know how to enjoy ourselves 😃

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 21:56. »
Assuming my opinion is wrong regarding the tasteless tacky sister act routine i watched at the PUB last sunday, this thread has been read over 700 times apart from newbie Susannah who no doubt has a link to the PUB where are all the other positive replies telling me what a great show it was, the square was packed surely there must be somebody else who thought it was brilliant,to quote Siranhah who are these 99% who were having a ball. Or just maybe people thought the same as me, a load of foul mouthed delinquent rubbish.
 Your post at 19.25 doesnt make grammatical sense are you offering a free drink as part of your warm welcome or is this code for something else.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 22:18. »
I guess that's the problem with free shows, you can't choose what the subject matter is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Savannah

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 23:47. »
My dear Victor,
TWICE  you have spelt my name wrong - why you talking grammatics?
I am not related to THE PUB but am in the square a lot. All the bars in square have entertainment on all summer (some good, some not so good) but it is everyones choice who they decide to see. 
I hope to meet you tomorrow and maybe we can have a laugh at this 😀.
Best wishes

Offline Savannah

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 00:27. »
Sorry, forgot past your bedtime 😂😂