Author Topic: GA plunges to new depths.  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
GA plunges to new depths.
« on: September 08, 2017, 23:50. »
Has GA plunged to new depths ? On Sunday afternoon a group of us with kids went to Masa square for drinks, Kev aka Mr Bojangles was doing his routine at the Pub which as always was very good, there followed a couple of guys doing country songs again pretty good. What followed next was in our groups opinion absolutely outrageous, 2 female singers one of which sometimes does a solo but is a bit squealy did a sister act routine, both wore erotic nuns outfits, the 1 girl pretended to be heavily pregnant whilst smoking a cigarette whilst both did some squealing and shouting interspersed with random swear words. Now bear in mind this is Sunday afternoon with children present, did these entertainers or the Pub owner really think this appropriate family entertainment, clearly the girls family and friends who were clapping and cheering thought so, we gathered the kids up and left.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:27. »
That's absolutely disgraceful. Masa Square, aka "Little Benidorm" is fast becoming a disgrace to the whole area. Call me a snob, but if it's allowed to spread we'll all pay the price, literally. Have a look at these Masa square dwellers: [Videos removed when I found out they feature local residents]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:40. by gaveteran »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 09:02. »
Love the reply.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:15. »
Looks like a lot of people having a great time to me!

Offline Maricia

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05. »

Maricia, I've amended your post in light of gaveterans edit.

John
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:09. by John H »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 12:06. »
Looks like a lot of people having a great time to me!

It does to me as well.

Looks like it gets the punters in and keeps them happy.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, or pint of Mahou or Sex on the Beach, but generates the profit that keeps the bars  and restaurants open for the rest of the year.

GA is big enough and diverse enough to give you a choice of how to spend your afternoon, for me an afternoon chatting, sharing a few bottles and a table of food with friends is what it's all about.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 12:14. »
John thats exactly what we were doing  a group of family and friends enjoying a few drinks in the sun the age range from 3 years to 84.  The post relàtes to it being a Sunday afternoon  with lots of families present, i appreciate that some people's standards are pretty low but this debacle surely you dont think appropriate.
As for the couple in the video, well what more can you say, i rest my case.

Offline Occasional tourist

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 12:27. »
Was it Sunday afternoon? Or was it Sunday evening? I believe the two girls you are talking about came on at 7pm. You are clearly in a minority on this one, but you did the right thing and left.....better than stopping the show and spoiling people's fun. As an afterthought, during summer there are kids of all ages up until all hours....should the entertainment always be kid friendly?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 12:30. »
We do it at home or at a friends house Victor, the foods much better, the wines spot on and we save a fortune.
When we sell up in GA it's our afternoons with friends that we will miss above everything

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 12:44. »
Was it Sunday afternoon? Or was it Sunday evening? I believe the two girls you are talking about came on at 7pm. You are clearly in a minority on this one, but you did the right thing and left.....better than stopping the show and spoiling people's fun. As an afterthought, during summer there are kids of all ages up until all hours....should the entertainment always be kid friendly?

If you were there you would know the time, how can i be a minority yet, i dont yet see forum members saying anything positive about this act. Like i say we all have different standards, i can do cheap and tacky but its at the right place at the right time. If you think this behaviour is acceptable for children, then as above i rest my case.

Offline kh511

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 12:48. »
If I remember the video that was posted was from last year, so I don't know why the video was even used, it was from tashas fundraiser they did in the square when everyone got to gether and raised over 6000 euros, but each to their own to be honest as mentioned before there other areas to drink in, Masa square has always and probably will always be popular with holiday makers and residents a like especially on a Sunday, sometimes the acts that are on are not always to everyone's taste.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 12:59. »
I do understand the "each to his own" sentiment. But on a recent visit to Highgate village in the UK I didn't see any squares packed full of swearing, sweaty, shirtless, drunken people watching lewd acts. Not at 10am, not at 7pm, not at midnight. Nor have I ever seen it in Moraira, Altea, or anywhere else where a common denominator is high property prices (rental or purchase) - that's just a simple fact.

Is that classist? I suppose so, but it also remains a simple undisputed fact that when more undesirable people are in an area, more affluent, educated and well-mannered people stay away. They don't rent, they don't buy. The prices slide, even lower income people can come and rent and buy, it slides further. That's the society we live in. That's where the terms "urban decay" and/or "gentrification" come from. Nice-speak for the effect the quality of a population have on an area.

I invested in Gran Alacant when I bought here, and I don't want it to turn into Benidorm or worse, I want it to turn into Altea.

We're already "higher up the tree" than La Marina. You know it, I know it. People in San Juan on the other side of Alicante say they are higher up than us, maybe they are. If that awful square, with its low-rent entertainment spreads outwards we won't be able to argue with San Juan anymore for starters.

Look at the recent post concerning the guy that wanted to know about football and real ale. I'm not on the fence. I don't want him to come on holiday here. Sorry. I don't want that lady who asked about local free schools and couldn't string a sentence together to come and live here either. I suppose that does make me feel slightly guilty. I don't consider myself posh, but I did leave an area of the UK that had degenerated into a slum (nothing to do with immigration either incidentally, just lazy people), and I don't want to see it happen here!

Offline kh511

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 13:05. »
Well as is life no one can decide who moves to the area or comes on holiday to the area I think naming and shaming is a bit inappropriate in my opinion, everyone lives their own life and who are we to determine how they should do that life's to short there are much bigger events going on on the world such as the hurricane or the Barcelona terrorist attack and people are focused on a square in gran alacant

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 13:16. »
I don't agree with a single thing in your post. WE can all have an effect on the quality of the area in which we live, and concluding that I think that square in particular is somehow "more important" than a hurricane is just nonsensical.

I don't want to determine how anyone lives there life. People can be thieving crack-addicts for all I care. I'd just rather they didn't live next to me. Is that unreasonable?

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 14:02. »
Wow gaveteran that really is going too far, while I can take your point about the square getting very loud, and too loud at times it really isnt good to take such vitriolic swipes at people you dont know based on assumptions you make about them after reading a little post on a forum, and trust me I have seen 'hooray henrys' behaving just as drunkenly and loudly as some in the square, and that was at Burley Horse Trials where it would have been even less expected. What happened to live and let live.

Hazel