Author Topic: Schools  (Read 866 times)

Offline Poppy

Schools
« on: September 02, 2017, 19:00. »
Hi there. Thinking of moving to grab Alicante and were just wandering if anyone could give any info on schools please. For a 5yr old and 11 the old. Looking for a free state school. Thank you.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Schools
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 09:54. »
I'd love to hear more about your motivation to move to the area. Do you have work lined up? Do our kids speak Spanish? I ask because the local schools teach in Spanish.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Schools
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 13:03. »
When i last looked, the state schools teach only in spanish,little allowance made for other languages. Lots of international fee paying schools where you can take your pick of languages. As with most things in spain very little is free.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kh511

Schools
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 16:13. »
My daughter goes to a Spanish state school in Santa pola all state schools are free, she picked the language up in a couple months and the English teachers were very accommodating I came out with nothing and have made something of myself of o can do it so can you

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Schools
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 20:35. »
Hi Poppy

There is a school for younger children in Gran Alacant, the older ones get the school bus into Santa Pola, dont know how you go about getting a placement but i know the little school in ga is oversubscribed. The little ones seem to adapt to the language quicker than the older ones so any help you can give, especially to the older child will be a big help if you do end up giving it a go. Good luck.
Hazel

Offline Julie.M

Schools
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 17:17. »
Good job kh511, nice to hear you have done well for yourself and a nice positive posting, continued good luck to you!