Author Topic: October  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

October
« on: September 02, 2017, 16:23. »
Hi
Giving serious consideration to a 5 day break in mid October, but however I'm in need of a bit of info before I book.
I appreciate it's not "high season" at that time of the year, so just how quiet is it? Specifically have most bars / restaurants closed, when we're over in the summer we usually frequent mainly Spanish establishments (helps keep my linguistic skill sharp) who I assume will stay open to serve the resident Spanish community.
Also, just how warm does it usually get in October?
Any info greatly appreciated
Diolch yn fawr.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
October
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 16:49. »
Everything is normally still open, the sea is still warm and the weather perfect.
Guess where I'll be in October!!
The crowds have gone, you can get a table in a restaurant with no problem, with a few exceptions and the bars have plenty of seats available
The staff everywhere are less harassed and have bigger smiles on their faces
A bonus is no coat or jacket needed on an evening
Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 17:51. »
I'll second that opinion John, I would say that September and October are the best months of the year all round. My family will be out at half-term in mid October and are counting the days now.

It's still possible to catch a bit of a rainy spell but then weather is weather and nothing is guaranteed.

Dave

Offline Chris C

October
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 20:26. »
October one of my favourite times to be in GA! Weather from memory typically around 25 degrees and you can sleep well on a night as the high evening-time humidity has gone.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 09:13. »
GA is definitely better when all the kids are back at school as the posters above state

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:56. »
You wont avoid my kids in october, we spend half of it in GA. Best time of year.
They dont like it up em !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
October
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 13:25. »
We did a few October half terms when the kids were young and not hot enough for us. Pool was too cold as was the sea.  We have also been beginning of October and the pool was still warm. In my experience it seems to really cool down those last 2 weeks although it is pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 13:49. »
Were in GA at the moment and the pool is quite chilly already, in comparison the sea is a lot warmer.I dont know about it being quiet in october, the place is deserted now. Its like a mass exodus.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 15:52. »
All I can say is there are some wimpy kids out there my lot were in the pool in April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 17:01. »
The kids are still swimming its me that doesnt like it. I must be getting old.

Offline Joe1965

October
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 17:15. »
Two words..................

October = Perfecto !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
October
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 17:16. »
I remember one year in December we were sat on the beach, it was a lovely day, an old Spanish lady who was sat near us, walked into the sea, with no hesitation, until it was mid chest height and then off she went for a swim.
I thought if she can I can.....it was bloody freezing, but I had to do it, I couldn't be outed by someones abuela

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 17:34. »
I can't go in slowly, I have to dive in and they can't here my screaming under water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
October
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 17:47. »

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
October
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 21:12. »
I wasn't really aware of it (acclimatisation) when we were just visitors for short periods but after being here for longer I am now experiencing it for myself. I used to laugh at the locals in winter when we came over and they were all wrapped up and I was in a polo shirt and shorts.

Now the boots on the other foot; my kids come over in October and Christmas and immediately change into shorts and vest in the day when I am in long trousers, socks and shoes. It may be a combination of getting older and acclimatising; but I use it as an excuse to stay out of the pool and sea. I'm more comfortable watching with a beer.

Dave