Author Topic: water ta  (Read 3816 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
water ta
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 20:20. »
I think they think i'm mad enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline lesandtony

water ta
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 22:06. »
Fitted a filter about 10 years ago with a tap on the sink that does filtered or  mains.  It has been brilliant. Amazing that its purer than bottled water. I use a simple tester when we go to check the purity and change the filters approx. once every 2 years , 30 euros.  the tester is available from ----https://www.tinydeal.com/TDS-3-Handheld-Digital-LCD-Water-Quality-Tester-Pen-Temp-PPM-Filter-Water-Purity-Meter-p-158846.html?currency=GBP&ship_to=UK&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpa&utm_term=HHI-510586&utm_campaign=PLA-UK   well worth a few quid .

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 23:00. »
I have a guy comes round every couple of years to "service" our hot water boiler.
Ash will back me on this as he was there one year whilst it was being serviced.....the guy who does it always gets close on half a bucket of limescale and gunk out of the boiler......the sight of what comes out is enough to stop you drinking the water!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 09:07. »
No different to England - we have limescale here too, I wouldn't dream of buying bottled water in England.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40. »
We drink the 8 litre bottles each 1 will last a week cost 80 cents doesnt seem worth  getting a filter tap, as john stated the tap water does have a poor smell. I asked my spanish neighbour who has lived in the area for 40 years about tap water she adamantly said its no good and the family only drink bottled water.
They dont like it up em !

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 17:17. »
Was going to comment about not drinking water as fish have unprotected sex in it, but on a serious note, the damage caused by the lime, chlorine, etc. to boilers, washing machines etc. does further the argument for a filter.  That said, we don't have one, & have been lucky to only have one boiler replacement in our years.
This thread has made me think now.

Offline Stan

water ta
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 19:52. »
I think you need to look into the difference between a water filter and a water softener.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 20:41. »
We drink the 8 litre bottles each 1 will last a week cost 80 cents doesnt seem worth  getting a filter tap, as john stated the tap water does have a poor smell. I asked my spanish neighbour who has lived in the area for 40 years about tap water she adamantly said its no good and the family only drink bottled water.

Tut tut victor, you're not drinking enough water you need to be quaffing 1 1/2 Litres of the stuff a day, and doesn't include the tonic in your Gin LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Keith and Jen

water ta
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 17:15. »
We use tap water for cooking.  The food tastes OK to me.

For tea, Jen uses the loose-leaf Yorkshire tea specially blended for hard water.

I always used tap water for coffee but eventually it blocked-up the machine.  I then had to boil white vinegar in it to clear the scale (get it in Mercadona).  I only use bottled water to make coffee nowadays.  It doesn't block the coffee machine.  The taste is the same as using tap water.

We also use tap water to dilute cordials such as Vimto - and also to make ice cubes.  There seems no difference in the taste.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
water ta
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 23:07. »
I can confirm that the contents of Johns boiler was incredible

Although the enjoyment of listening  to the engineer talking about looking after your water was comedy genius 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline euroland

water ta
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 09:47. »
I have a guy comes round every couple of years to "service" our hot water boiler.
Ash will back me on this as he was there one year whilst it was being serviced.....the guy who does it always gets close on half a bucket of limescale and gunk out of the boiler......the sight of what comes out is enough to stop you drinking the water!!

Regards all

John

John could you please tell me who services your boiler if you could please.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 10:48. »
Hi euroland, sorry, his contact details are in the house in Spain, we are there in three weeks, I can let you know then.
He's a Dutch guy, he services quite a lot of boilers in GA, he spends one day a week working in GA.
He's called Patrick, with from memory the surname of Walden......other forum members may have his details, or those of someone else who services electric water heaters

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline euroland

water ta
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 10:52. »
Hi euroland, sorry, his contact details are in the house in Spain, we are there in three weeks, I can let you know then.
He's a Dutch guy, he services quite a lot of boilers in GA, he spends one day a week working in GA.
He's called Patrick, with from memory the surname of Walden......other forum members may have his details, or those of someone else who services electric water heaters

Regards all

John

That's ok John, we go out in three weeks also, so that's not a problem Thank you.

Offline burchd

water ta
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2017, 12:28. »
Yes ,it is Patrick Walden  626770847.
He changes the anode and cleans the boiler out , great value and service.

Offline euroland

water ta
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 12:30. »
Yes ,it is Patrick Walden  626770847.
He changes the anode and cleans the boiler out , great value and service.
Thank you.