Author Topic: water ta  (Read 3807 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
water ta
« on: August 28, 2017, 19:34. »
 hi has anyone had one of those water taps installed with the filter, and have you notice a difference in the taste ??, is it as good as bottled water, would you recommend having one installed .
Thanks
Steve

Offline Bunny

water ta
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 20:36. »
We had one fitted about a year ago and yes, it is well worth it and the water tastes just fine.  Before that we used jug water filters, they turn out to be quite expensive.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 22:01. »
Had one for years. No taste difference and a an absolute "no-brainer" financially.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 23:20. »
Drunk the tap water in GA for 17 years without any harm.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:03. »
How often does the filter need changing,what is the cost ??

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
water ta
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30. »
spain is not a third world counry have enjoyed the tap water for 12 years
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 11:24. »
Just found this on the interweb, and yea I know there are some that say it's fine.
Alicante

The quality of tap water in eastern parts of the country is not the best, and it is recommended to consume bottled water instead. In Alicante, ideally you wouldn’t drink the water here or use it for cooking. According to the Hispagua web page, amongst the nutrients found within the tap water from this city are high levels of trihalomethanes, more than the permitted levels for clean drinking water. Consuming the water here could cause problems to your health.
I have a water filter off Kev the Karaoke King from oceans, his advert is in the GA magazine and the water from it is lovely without that horrible swimming pool taste.
€75 well spent and no problem with buying and storing loads of plastic bottles
Anymore, which gives me a warm glow when I think that every time I use it I'm saving the planet and my pocket.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:26. by llamedos »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:08. »
'Anymore, which gives me a warm glow when I think that every time I use it I'm saving the planet and my pocket'
My feeling exactly re the tap water.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
water ta
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 15:19. »
I think what you found on the 'interweb' might be a bit dated.  I had read something like that a while ago and was put off. We had always drank the tap water but last year for the first time in years I stocked up on 8 litre bottles. Cheap but a pain, anyway I did a bit of research recently and couldnt find anything negative so we are back on the tap water.  I would be interested to know the real facts.  Have never been ill but would not like to think there are any health issues going forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 15:50. »
If the water "No Potable" they should say !!

We use a mains filtered water tap but have always cooed and brushed our teeth with tap water. The only thing is I'm not sure if I need to change the filter - its probably only used 12 / 14 weeks a year and its been in 3 yeasr now. Perhaps I am getting no benefit from its filtration ? Any way - no issues so far
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 16:25. »
Here's my two penneth.
Ive no idea what the tap water does to your health, all I know is that it tastes dire!!
We use a Brita jug to filter the water for tea, coffee and ice cubes......does make the water far more palatable.
A cartridge, cost about 5 euros, and lasts about four weeks.......the length of our visits.
If we spent more time there we would probably have a filter unit and drinking tap installed.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 18:15. »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
water ta
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 19:01. »
Have used a mains watered tap for 10 years now

When I see how much grit comes out of the standard tap it's a no brainer

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
water ta
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 19:34. »
Thanks for the link John.  On the subject of water I have 2 8 litre plastic bottles that fill with the water from my aircon units.  I take them down and water the plants on our urb. The spanish round our pool seem to find it quite amusing.  Sort of puts me off doing it tbh so I wait till they're not about !!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
water ta
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 20:04. »
You should start selling it puddy-woo, distilled water, it'll keep your neighbours steam irons from getting gunked up.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro