Author Topic: Electricity.  (Read 5683 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 13:31. »
Cheers Dave, Ive just taken a good look at this and signed up for it!!

My Capacity invoiced charge (including IVA)  will go down from €329 a year to €279 a year...........better in my pocket than theirs.

I'm currently paying €0.129 per KWh the new rates are off peak €0.061 per KHh (less than half what we are currently paying) and the on peak rate of €0.143 is only 10% more than we are currently paying.

Iberdrolas web site reckons I will save €100 a year by making the switch, obviously if we spent more time in GA the savings would be greater.

Thanks for the heads up and making me take another look Dave

Regards all

John

PS Just to add, by doing it on line I was able to make sure that all the boxes offering insurance and other such deals were unticked!!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 13:34. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 20:43. »
Cheers John; one last word on the subject for the benefit of anyone else considering changing - did you pay anything to switch using the website. We changed over at the Iberdrola shop in Santa Pola and were charged €17.68 admin costs to change contracts. Took about 10 minutes so seemed a bit excessive for a few strokes of the keyboard.

Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 20:58. »
Not a cent Dave.

https://www.iberdrola.es/webclipb/gc/prod/en_US/planes/docs/plan_noche.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 21:26. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 09:32. »
Had my second bill since switching to the day night tariff, without any planning we are using a higher percentage of energy at the lower rate, wish I’d switched years ago.

Regards all

John

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 20:08. »
Is that having a shower and using the washing machine at 2am John.
Also amazing that they charge more in tax and extra payments for having the higher rate than you actually used in electricity. Well that's the lack of competition for you.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Electricity.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 15:07. »
Thanks John for info. have now switched on line to duel billing
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 16:49. »
Interesting, we’ve now received quite a few bills since switching to the day time/night time tariff, we don’t plan our usage around the tariff, things are just done as normal.
Since switching 57% of our consumption has been at the lower rate, the net effect of this has been to lower our energy cost to 0.096 €/KWh before taxes, a whopping 25% reduction on our old tariff
It’s well worth thinking about switching if you haven’t already done so
And once again, thanks Dave G for enlightening me!!

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 16:53. by John H »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 15:37. »
Are the standing charges more expensive for the off peak tariff ?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 18:35. »
Hi Kevin, mine have gone down by 60 euros a year, its win win!!
You can compare all the tariffs on their website.

Regards all

John

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 21:21. »
Many thanks John.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 00:02. »
 It's Fenergy, & I've been with them for 2 years now.  Never lost power, & I think they're cheaper, but with the differences in the way they present their bills & charges, who knows?
Same as UK, they don't have a standard which any true regulator could & should insist upon.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 19:30. »
I have a 3.5kw supply and rarely have the trip go, I have put our water heater on a timer so that it heats from five in the morning for a couple of hours and same in the evening, from three to five when the cooker is not in use so it means I rarely exceed the house supply rating.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 16:16. »
Been on Iberdola website to change to the night tariff but every time I try to complete it says the NIE number I put in is incorrect, I've tried various ways to put it in, without - or the letter M after number but nothing works. Tried passport number as well but says invalid. Final thing is it says my mobile number is not incorrect format even though tried with and without + and 0044.
Any ideas those who have done online as wasted a good hour on a simple online form!,

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 18:10. »
I spent two hours trying to create an online account only to eventually remember I already had one, did it years ago, Doh! I found I had created my account with my old passport, try inputting passport number instead of nie .

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 16:42. »
Can anyone advise where Iberdola office is and do they speak much English. Can't get tariff changed online.