Author Topic: Electricity.  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Annette

Electricity.
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:39. »
Has anyone come across or switched to Foxenergia? A supply company based in Murcia I believe who now have an office in Alicante. I have heard that they are cheaper than iberdrola..

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 22:27. »
If they are to Iberdrola what Grannet are to Telefonica then sign me up! I'm all for saving twenty quid and boiling water on a meths stove!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 15:39. »
Yea I hate the switch on/off juggle when cooking more than a boiled egg. The one to watch out for is the water heater which I always turn off first.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Electricity.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 01:53. »
If they are to Iberdrola what Grannet are to Telefonica then sign me up! I'm all for saving twenty quid and boiling water on a meths stove!
But what if they are not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 09:08. »
At home here in the UK I regularly switch energy suppliers with no problems whatsoever, if the process of switching in Spain was as transparent, i.e. websites showing the alternatives and their cost, I and I guess many others would have deserted Iberdrola years ago.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 10:24. »
I compare prices and change supplier nearly every year in the UK as well as home, car and travel insurance and breakdown cover. It's amazing how cheap the introductory offers are compared to their renewal quotes. Haven't found a comparison site in Spain yet though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 17:29. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 10:26. »
I like to find the best switch deals on all utilities in the uk,like John says, you can see the comparison and reviews give a good indication of service as cheapest is not always the best. Iberdrola have the monopoly but they at least keep the power on most of the time, i would have little faith in another supplier at this moment in time, sometimes its best to stick with wnat you have even if it costs a few pennies more.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Bernie

Electricity.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 21:48. »
I've been with Iberdrola for 15 years now and have had no problems - every 3 years a representative calls and offers discounts for a 12 month period - last week I signed for an 18% discount. I think its good Iberdrola have competition - it is heathier.

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13. »
Be careful Bernie - people on here have signed at the door for a discount only to discover the discount didn't cover the cost of the insurance they'd signed up for. People had to go to Santa Pola to get it sorted.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 09:21. »
Spot on Blue and White, I interestingly signed for a plan when we weren't even in Spain!!
Get out of that Iberdrola
I only found out when I queried why my bill had gone up.
I've just checked the Iberdrola web site, it contains all their offers, the only way I could save a few euros is by going on the day/night tariff......I might save a few percent on the bill, but when I'm trying to sleep I don't want to hear the washing machine or dishwasher sounding like they're having a party, I also don't think my neighbours would appreciate it

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:31. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 11:12. »
John - They won't hear it over their 24 hour a day air conditioning unit.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Electricity.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 13:34. »
The Iberdrola 18% off man is on tour in Altomar 2 right now, he seemed very upset when I declined his "valued customer" offer.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 17:56. »
Surprisingly he got quite arsy with me the other week, he called me mad english (which im not) for not wanting his brilliant deal which was going to save me a fortune.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 20:12. »
Surprisingly he got quite arsy with me the other week, he called me mad english (which im not) for not wanting his brilliant deal which was going to save me a fortune.

::) ::) ::) :D :D :D

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Electricity.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 20:36. »
Spot on Blue and White, I interestingly signed for a plan when we weren't even in Spain!!
Get out of that Iberdrola
I only found out when I queried why my bill had gone up.
I've just checked the Iberdrola web site, it contains all their offers, the only way I could save a few euros is by going on the day/night tariff......I might save a few percent on the bill, but when I'm trying to sleep I don't want to hear the washing machine or dishwasher sounding like they're having a party, I also don't think my neighbours would appreciate it

Regards all

John

Hi John,

I apologise if you are already aware but the Iberdrola tariff you mention isn't strictly day / night; more off / on peak.

The off peak in summer is 2300 - 1300 and peak is 1300 to 2300 (in winter it goes back by one hour to 2200 - 1200 and 1200 - 2200). So you get plenty of time in the morning to do any washing and meal preparations before the peak period starts. My rates are - off peak €0.06/KwH and on peak €0.14KwH; compared to €0.11KwH all the time on the standard tariff that I was on before.

Without being too paranoid about doing everything off peak my bills have reduced enough to have made it worthwhile changing. The big plus is having the aircon on all night without the thought of the cost keeping me awake :).

Horses for courses I suppose

Dave