Author Topic: This'll cause a few upsets  (Read 1421 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
This'll cause a few upsets
« on: September 22, 2017, 19:20. »
Uber's licence to operate in London will not be renewed when it expires at the end of this month. Transport for London said it had concluded that the company was not fit and proper to hold a private hire operator licence. It said that Uber's approach and conduct demonstrated a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of matters that have potential public safety and security implications. These include its approach to reporting serious criminal offences, criminal records checks and how medical certificates are obtained. Uber, which has faced scandals and a backlash around world, has the right to appeal against the decision within 21 days. The move will affect more than 40,000 drivers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41358640

Dave

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 20:53. »
Dont say i didnt tell u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 00:38. »
I doubt it will be implemented, the appeals and counter appeals will go on and on until they get another licence.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 00:49. »
I doubt it will be implemented, the appeals and counter appeals will go on and on until they get another licence.
Unfortunately you are probably right.  Backhanders all day long

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20. »
I dont think it requires backhanders, just seen on sky news over 400,000 people have signed online petition in support of uber continuing in London. Not casting nasturtiums but i seem to recall many stories back in the day of hackney operators purchasing operator licences with a brown envelope slipped into the official greasy palm.
They dont like it up em !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 13:31. »
I cant be bothered to look up nasturtiums !! but i'm sure you are right Victor. Uber are the Ryanair of the road. As long as its a cheap ride home people will want them. I'm sure they'll get their licence back and if they up their game, pay our country the taxes they should be paying, vet their drivers, make sure they aren't rapists or members of isis - and can speak and understand English and obviously be able to drive!!! then fair do's. Nothing wrong with healthy competition.   I wont post anything else on the subject. Think my views are pretty clear and I wont be changing 'em. Plus i'm now in holiday mode .

Casa De Valen Med II