Author Topic: Freesat  (Read 1244 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« on: July 04, 2017, 13:49. »
Hi can anyone tell if they have got freesat installed, does it work, dish size required and which company installed it, vet been looking at various companies around the area but the all say a large dish is required IS THIS TRUE
Thanks
Steve

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 15:53. »
I have it was put in by GATV €260 euros 1.4 m dish but it's on a pole so not to intrusive

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 18:10. »
Thanks for the reply is the the recommended dish size or would you be able to use smaller ??. Do you need the  internet to receive it, is it all English Channel with a one off payment or monthly
Lot of questions but I've used everything that's going out there and always goes off !!
Thanks
Steve

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 19:04. »
You need at least a 1.1m and it can get a bit iffy so I went for a 1.4 you don't need internet it's a one off payment it's all English channels in fact it's almost the same as freesat uk except some of the channels on the edge of the footprint are no received in fact take a uk freesat box out there or a sky box and stick it on the end and it works you get all the main channels bbc124 itv1234 sky news channel 4 4+1 movies 24 channel 5. 5 USA etc

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 19:12. »
Steve i think in this case size matters, we fitted a 1.9 famaval dish about 12 years ago on the roof in the corner. It is big and is ugly BUT it has given via several old sky boxes 12 years of uninterrupted tv, we get the same tv as back in england, you even get numerous local bbc news channels. You see a lot of these big dishes around and most seem happy, some neighbours use the smaller dishes and get the same reception, my only concern regards the signal strength with GA being close the limit, you pays your money and takes a chance.
They dont like it up em !

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 19:29. »
All replays noted thanks

Offline Chris C

Freesat
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 20:49. »
Or if you are in Altomar 2 you get freesat through the communal tv :)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Freesat
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 08:43. »
'I have it was put in by GATV €260 euros 1.4 m dish'
Me likewise - excellent service from them. All UK channels through my own Openbox 8s receiver.