Author Topic: Ryanair or is it lyingair  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair or is it lyingair
« on: June 29, 2017, 15:44. »
Ryanair have denied today that they have changed their free seat allocation policy . I am not convinced twice this year when travelling with someone they have allocated free seats a dozen rows apart when both were on the same booking and checked in together etc interestingly on both occasions the seat next to me was empty and we moved around as soon as the door was shut . I also have spoken to others who have had the same thing happen . This did not happen last year as we were always seated together . I assume this is another scam to "encourage/ force " people to pay to book a seat and if travelling with kids I would always do this . 

What will they think of next to try to fleece the traveller

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 18:40. »
The same has happens to us a few times now. I have their app and you you can see the seats available and they now seem to fill the window and isle seats first.  Be interesting to see what happens on our flight back. Flying out I was row 9 mark was row 21. So more than a few rows behind.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 18:47. »
We always pick our seats, and pay a few quid, still cheap as chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Lesue

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 19:40. »
This is an oldie but I thought it was worth seeing again.  ;D

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 19:43. by Lesue »

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 22:17. »
So what if ryanair random seat allocation isn't that random, dont be so tight and pay a few quid to have allocated seats, throughout the booking process you get asked the same old questions, do you want extra legroom, do you want priority boarding, do you want a specific seat, do you want a hold bag, if your answer is NO to all the above you will undoubtedly end up with a no frills flight at a lower price than any other airline. If your answer is yes but you think i wont pay I'll turn up with some old sob story about sitting together or trying to sneak on extra luggage then ryanair will make you pay for it one way or another. There's always some people who want something for nothing.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 22:36. »
I don't mind paying but the point is you didn't have to last year to sit together now you do and Ryanair have denied a policy change , if you are going to do these things be upfront and don't lie about it . They are obviously doing it deliberately because the seat next to me on two flights this year was empty

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 23:16. »
I've always been allocated a middle seat by them as I refuse to pay extra but I always also get my boarding pass as soon as their website lets me. Next time I'll leave it until the last minute and see if I get a window or isle seat.

Offline bramleylad

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 00:52. »
I can't see a problem not being seated together (,unless children are involved) , we go to work and don't see each other all day ,but can't bear to be parted for two and a half hours ,it's not like it's a flight to Australia !!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 08:16. »
It does seem a bit petty - and surely more work for them to not just sit bookings together where possible seeing as they are actually on the same booking form.  This doesnt happen, as far as I know, with Easyjet. Just checked in on line and our seat nos are together. it wouldnt bother us anyway on a 2 hr flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 09:24. »
They are a business and are quite rightly for the benefit of their shareholders looking for ways to increase their profits, this must be an opportunity they have identified and are exploiting, good on them.
Mr O'Leary may well say "pay up, shut up or use another airline"
We invariably use his, good flight times....our main criteria and even when you add the extras on more often than not still the cheapest and incredible value for money

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 13:35. »
Ryanair are nearly always the cheapest and often by a considerable amount. That is why I use them. On the odd occasion we have bought our seats (due to not being 100% certain of getting the passes printed for the return journey) we both go for a window seat anyway. As Bramleylad says it's only 2 1/2 hours. My other half says she gets a more intelligent conversation when she's not sitting next to me.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 05:26. »
 They have stated on twitter that they keep the window and isle seat for the people who are either travelling alone or paying for a seat.   

Offline Graham H

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 18:36. »
Blue Air to Liverpool. Perfect.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 07:47. »
Yes, some of them are given to uncouth language.  ;)

Offline Graham H

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 13:14. »
Yes, some of them are given to uncouth language.  ;)

:D