Author Topic: New bar in GA centre  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« on: June 25, 2017, 11:00. »
Seems Valvadis has new owners and has become Sebs Club and there is also work going on in Matola, they seem to be digging up the floor where the pipes are that done the beer for the Amstel bar.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 16:01. »
Since the centre opened there have been quite a few white elephants, it doesn't seem logical for a business to plough tens of thousands into a swanky new bar or restaurant, then rarely to be open, have no customers, no takings, then to close down, "new" owner then ploughs ten of thousands into new venture for the cycle to continue. All seems rather odd but it is spain.
They dont like it up em !

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 18:06. »
Your right there victor some of those bars have had more makeovers than customers . Someone must have more cash than sense

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 10:03. »
Tax dodge ?  - perhaps doesn't seem to make much sense. I recall the Beer house on the other side having a grand and no doubt very expensive pergola, decking and awnings put up a few years ago - new owners came in and ripped down what must have been 10,s of thousands of Euros worth of nearly new kit and put those ugly plastic tents up - weird.
New ventures starting now are a bit late also - its getting busy out here now and they should have had doors open for Mid May IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 19:38. »
I'm still wondering why the new owners of The hole in the wall haven't opened last I heard it's was opening St Patrick's Day. 

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 19:41. »
Think it maybe something to do with the new Roger's bar which is taking most of the custom.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 20:12. »
I'm still wondering why the new owners of The hole in the wall haven't opened last I heard it's was opening St Patrick's Day.

Maybe the deal fell through! (the hole), I'll get my coat.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 21:46. »
Ironically Rogers is the polar opposite of the glitzy GA centre bars who invest fortunes in relaunches, Roger turned the old unit into a bar for probably a fraction that they spent, the big difference Roger is well busy but that comes down to knowing your customers and supplying what they want.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:59. »
I agree you can spend unlimited amounts of money on a fancy bar, but if you have no customer skills it will fail.

The amount of times I've seen staff from other bars sit outside smoking and on their phones is unbelievable. Not their bar so not a care in the world.

Totally agree with you victor regarding roger.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 15:26. »
Ironically Rogers is the polar opposite of the glitzy GA centre bars who invest fortunes in relaunches, Roger turned the old unit into a bar for probably a fraction that they spent, the big difference Roger is well busy but that comes down to knowing your customers and supplying what they want.

Do they give out free beer to every positive post they get?.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 21:43. »
I say how i see it, if i thought the place was awful i would say so, unlike others who post i have no vested interests in any business in GA. In fact ive only heard 2 people slate Rogers bar, the first serves at barloko and the other works at the belfry neither of which i would call a neutral observer.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 15:19. »
Understand that Seb's Club will open this Saturday at 8pm with live music, chill-out terrace, cocktails and snacks!

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 19:44. »
Difficult to envisage a chill-out terrace so close to Big Al´s karaoke at full blast, but good luck to them!

Bert

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 20:56. »
I say how i see it, if i thought the place was awful i would say so, unlike others who post i have no vested interests in any business in GA. In fact ive only heard 2 people slate Rogers bar, the first serves at barloko and the other works at the belfry neither of which i would call a neutral observer.

I've been in Rodgers recently and it's a nice bar, it's no better or worse than similar bars like The Pub, Shooters and Dick Turpin's in the area.
I haven't tried the food but I expect it's of a similar standard to Zest or any other busy bar.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
New bar in GA centre
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 14:08. »
Difficult to envisage a chill-out terrace so close to Big Al´s karaoke at full blast, but good luck to them!

Bert

Seb's Club is upstairs in the GA Commercial Centre, Big Al's is in the Plaza Mayor :-)