Author Topic: T.V  (Read 1406 times)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
T.V
« on: June 16, 2017, 14:11. »
Over the years we have become accustomed to the shoddy provision of phone, internet & t.v. out here.
We feel that Grannet have probably been the least poor of the local providers, but this week has seen the worst ever.
We are now into our 3rd day with no t.v. signal.  I don't doubt that eventually it will be restored, but it raises the second issue.
Whenever we have a problem of any sort, we have never been lucky enough to be able to report it by phone.  It compounds matters when nobody can answer the phone, necessitating a drive down to their office to be received with indifference.  NOT what most people would consider to be customer service.
Will we change providers?
Knowing the rest, possibly not, but we are seriously considering it.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
T.V
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 15:49. »
Ive never quite understood why spain unlike other European countries notably the uk,Germany and France have constant infrastructure problems, it seems that most utilities in the ga area are comparable to a third world country, giving poor service for high charges, loss of service whether electricity, water or Internet  just seems part of a normal day in ga.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
T.V
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 20:40. »
Spain doesn't have any problems in these areas. I receive Spanish TV perfectly fine, internet perfectly and the same for my phone line. (Both Telefonica). My water is never cut off, nor do I have a hose-pipe ban half the year :)

What I invite nay-sayers to do, is move to the UK, and attempt to pick up an illegal broadcast of Spanish TV, and sign up to a dodgy Spanish-run, cut-price, internet service provider and then see what happens :)

Offline Occasional tourist

T.V
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 20:47. »
There was a guy there called Mark, not sure if he is still there or involved, but he always used to get things sorted and had straight answers. The last time I went into the office was a joke!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
T.V
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 00:49. »
Hilarious! !!!!
They dont like it up em !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
T.V
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:24. »
Im with Grannet and have never had a problem with my internet either.  Our community has a dish for TV, not sure who the provider is, paid a one off fee at installation and again no problems!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
T.V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 18:32. »
I have to say Grannet have got steadily worse over the last year or so, Internet is very intermittent and therefore so is the phone and the TV service. I had a difference of opinion with a Brit guy in the shop after complaining about phone charges made to 0800 numbers. He said I should have known I'd be charged for them, I said how am I supposed to know you should have told all of us as they are free in the UK.
His attitude was awful and the other staff are very dismissive and just ask where you live. Terrible customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
T.V
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 22:08. »
Do what I do. I have a freesat system and use the internet at the library.
Although to be fair the free WiFi provided by Grannet outside their offices is excellent