Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Car Hire
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 06:38. »
Just be careful about the exclusions. Car Hire Excess do not cover the inside of the car so if you get/have a tear/ piggy burn in the upholstery or the parcel shelf is damaged, you'll end up paying yourself. I was caught out a couple of years back, not noticing the damaged parcel shelf at pickup. At night these things are not always noticeable. €300 for a €75 shelf. I was lucky in that I had retained a copy of of the "key facts" which made no reference to the inside of the car so after a bit of wrangling the insurers eventually paid up.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car Hire
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 09:11. »
Like all insurance claims tony they try everything to avoid paying . A few years ago we had a small fire here in uk started in next doors shed the loss adjuster turned up and spent a hour going over the policy with me every detail was explored . He had no interest in the damage or estimates etc just wanted to find a way out of paying .luckily he had to admit defeat and pay , its given me a huge distrust of insurance companies

Offline Mummysanders

Car Hire
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 13:42. »
We don't always hire a car. We use the urbanisation bus or train to get back from either the commercial centre or beach, walking to either. You can buy a ticket for the baille bus that works out cheaper. As for Wi-Fi, most bars and restaurants have free access and depending on how long duribg the day you are going to stay in your accommodation you may be able to use your data roaming (depending on your contract as the laws have now changed for many) the area is hilly but we enjoy the walking as we can eat what we want and stop at bars when we want. My husband has heart conditions but he can even manage to walk up cardiac hill. Just take it steady and be aware of the weather. We love it so much we bought a house!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk