Author Topic: Taxis 30th May  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Maricia

Taxis 30th May
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28. »
My grand daughters use Uber locally in the UK and as it is all tracked through their phones so they feel safe - my grand daughters just press the app on their phone and know when the taxi is going to arrive.  They have no complaints - in fact they rave about Uber but personally we have never used them.

BW

Maricia

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24. »
We can only speak as we find.  Fyi though Licensed Black Taxis also have an app. which works on the same principle. It is called 'MyTaxi' if they ever have problems with the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 16:34. »
Here's a taxi I wouldn't mind a ride in

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 16:51. »
Think its more about no proper CRB checks and dangerous driving llamedos but you're obviously more knowledgable on the subject than me???

I haven't had any dealings with Uber drivers,  but have had a few with Hackney Cab and PHV drivers who don't think the road traffic act applies to them. I did find this on Google about Uber drivers in the UK.

“Uber’s focus is ensuring the safety of riders before, during and after a trip. All Uber partner-drivers must undergo rigorous screening, including background and driving history checks, before they can join the Uber platform. In the UK all partner-drivers are fully licensed by the local authority. As such they all undergo the same vetting process all taxi and cab drivers go through, this includes an enhanced DBS check.
Let's be honest there are shocking drivers out there whatever job they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 17:13. »
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/leytonstone-tube-attack-isisinspired-forder-uber-driver-guilty-of-trying-to-behead-stranger-at-tube-a3266466.html?amp

Not sure how this bloke, for one, passed the rigorous Uber screening then??  Yes shocking drivers everywhere but with a Hackney Carriage cab driver for a husband I get to hear all sorts - from driving the wrong way up a one way street to driving on to a golf course (I kid you not) but lets face it Sat Navs are not always reliable!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Calsh

Taxis 30th May
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 18:22. »
I for one cannot wait for the day we have an Uber or similar (reliable) service.  We booked a taxi for the airport from Gran Alacant through Santa Pola Taxis in April for a 7.30am pick up (we booked by phone and checked again the day before departure) and surprise surprise they didn't turn up.  Luckily a Spanish neighbour stepped in and dropped us off.

Cal

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 18:40. »
I think there are those who want a reliable taxi service and then there are those who want a cheap as possible taxi service.

Graham

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 23:10. »
Google is a wonderful thing, that chap was an ex Uber driver so he didn't commit the crime as a driver, this chap however was a black cab driver and did.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3019047/Black-cab-driver-sexually-assaulted-women-passengers-fell-asleep-taxi-nights-jailed-10-years.html

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 23:15. by llamedos »

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 23:16. »
Oh isnt it.  We could go on and on couldnt we but I've got better things to do. You went back to 2015 lol.  Happy Googling

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 23:18. by puddy-woo »
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 23:17. »
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/leytonstone-tube-attack-isisinspired-forder-uber-driver-guilty-of-trying-to-behead-stranger-at-tube-a3266466.html?amp

Not sure how this bloke, for one, passed the rigorous Uber screening then??  Yes shocking drivers everywhere but with a Hackney Carriage cab driver for a husband I get to hear all sorts - from driving the wrong way up a one way street to driving on to a golf course (I kid you not) but lets face it Sat Navs are not always reliable!!!

Google is a wonderful thing, that chap was an ex Uber driver so he didn't commit the crime as a driver, this chap however was a black cab driver and did.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3019047/Black-cab-driver-sexually-assaulted-women-passengers-fell-asleep-taxi-nights-jailed-10-years.html