Author Topic: Taxis 30th May  (Read 3110 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« on: May 29, 2017, 13:01. »
As attached

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 15:27. »
Lets hope they get the result they deserve.  Have no time for Uber at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 15:53. »
Nice long walk for us then tomorrow night from the airport.  ;)

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:29. »
There's always the bus.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:29. »
Suppose all the illegal taxis will be working though.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43. »
Uber can't come fast enough for me. The taxi system here is notoriously rigged, and runs on bribes and nepotism with license passed down through families with no hope of outsiders getting a look in. It's a racket basically. The drivers negotiate the roads like lunatics, don't turn up when booked and are never around when you want one. Let alone the well known lunacy of paying one to drive here from Santa Pola that we had to put up with for years.

I'm no massive fan of the illegals (although in my opinion they do a better job than the legal taxis), and Uber solves the problem entirely by adding insurance to the deal as well as the ability to book through app, track arrival and more.

Campaigning against it will ultimately end up as successfully as the great Wagon Wheel Makers strike, the Roof Thatchers union and the Medicinal Leach Company. It's coming. There is no stopping it. And once it's here it will last all of fifteen years before driverless cars replace it anyway.

Time for these taxi drivers to try and sell their €100,000 licenses if they can find any takers!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 15:51. »
 Good luck with that then.  Wouldnt get in an Uber if it was free and certainly wouldnt let me daughters get in one

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 15:51. »
My not me

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 17:44. »
We used Uber in the USA no problems they were really good not sure what the issue is probably the fear of competition

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 21:05. »
Uber can't come fast enough for me. The taxi system here is notoriously rigged, and runs on bribes and nepotism with license passed down through families with no hope of outsiders getting a look in. It's a racket basically. The drivers negotiate the roads like lunatics, don't turn up when booked and are never around when you want one. Let alone the well known lunacy of paying one to drive here from Santa Pola that we had to put up with for years.

I'm no massive fan of the illegals (although in my opinion they do a better job than the legal taxis), and Uber solves the problem entirely by adding insurance to the deal as well as the ability to book through app, track arrival and more.

Campaigning against it will ultimately end up as successfully as the great Wagon Wheel Makers strike, the Roof Thatchers union and the Medicinal Leach Company. It's coming. There is no stopping it. And once it's here it will last all of fifteen years before driverless cars replace it anyway.

Time for these taxi drivers to try and sell their €100,000 licenses if they can find any takers!
I agree, it's time for a bit of healthy competition in the taxi area over here, we took one last night after the darts presentation and the mete r was already at €5 when we got in. The Uber situation seems to work elsewhere and has given more options in London to passengers other than PHV or Black Cabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 23:17. »
Flew in tonight; no problems with taxis, same as normal.

Bert

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29. »
Flew in tonight; no problems with taxis, same as normal.

Not even reliable enough to go on strike properly! haha ;)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 14:22. »
Taxis in cities around the world are monopolies and cartels with price fixing and under declaring income. if a london cabbie takes a thousand pound cash in a day plus 100 in tips is he really going to declare even half that to the taxman, its always been abused so bring on legal competition.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 18:38. »
Taxis in cities around the world are monopolies and cartels with price fixing and under declaring income. if a london cabbie takes a thousand pound cash in a day plus 100 in tips is he really going to declare even half that to the taxman, its always been abused so bring on legal competition.

Cor blimey Guvnor, I'm on me uppers so I am, I can hardly afford my second home in GA cos of them uber merchants undercutting me business and giving people cheap rides. What's the world coming too with bleedin satnavs taking the knowledge out of driving, and they don't even need to wear a badge!.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxis 30th May
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 08:44. »
Think its more about no proper CRB checks and dangerous driving llamedos but you're obviously more knowledgable on the subject than me???

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:45. by puddy-woo »
Casa De Valen Med II