Author Topic: UK TV via Internet  (Read 4428 times)

Offline mikehoward

UK TV via Internet
« on: May 06, 2017, 09:22. »
Hi,  anyone else experiencing issues getting UK TV. Our Wizard box was working fine (all of April) until the middle of this week when it just drops the stream after circa 3 minutes. I know someone else who has an Amazon stick is having the same issue. The feed is via UK Turks. Believe they know there is an issue as they have added a fourth link but this is no better. Sent a mail to Wizard who initially asked for more information, but to date haven't received a response. Connection is not an issue as we can watch Films etc. in HD via the box.

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

UK TV via Internet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:18. »
Hi
Try "Mobdro" or "Live NetTV", these are obviously dependent on your internet speed.
Hope this helps.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41. »
Apparently Kodi boxes no longer provide free live UK tv feeds:  you have to pay a subscription.

Bert

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 15:14. »
The sale of fully loaded Kodi boxes is now illegal and it was reported in U.K. Press a few days ago that anyone streaming sports/ movies etc which are pay to view is committing an offence which carries a jail term!! Not sure if this has anything to do with streams.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 16:29. »
Those articles in the press made me laugh.
I can trash someone's house, steal their worldly goods, strangle their parrot and get 40 hours community service, yet if I watch a movie on the Kodi I'll get 10 years!!!
You couldn't make it up could you

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 17:19. »
I downloaded wookie onto my wizzard box perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 17:21. »
Modbro has dropped out of my Kodi build for some reason / can't find it on the add-ons either.

BeachLife

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

UK TV via Internet
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 17:37. »
Exactly John scare tatics

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline mikehoward

UK TV via Internet
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 21:35. »
Hello David, I've looked on the play store and can't see Wookie that relates to TV, only a game.
Is that the full name?
As an aside UK Turks must be working on the issue as this afternoon a new link was added, unfortunately this is intermittent.
Mike

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 21:47. »
Hello David, I've looked on the play store and can't see Wookie that relates to TV, only a game.
Is that the full name?
As an aside UK Turks must be working on the issue as this afternoon a new link was added, unfortunately this is intermittent.
Mike
Hello mike try this link

Dave

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:10. »
There are also problems with card sharing boxes such as the Openbox - Sky are tightening their encryption methods and channels are dropping out.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 11:40. »
Of course streaming is copyright theft, the problem is that a lot of the streams come from outside the UK and short of someone stood behind you witnessing you watching the latest movie, you are pretty safe from prosecution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mikehoward

UK TV via Internet
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 19:39. »
Thanks David for the info. Just got a reply from Wizard today and UK Turks are no longer supporting UK TV.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 21:02. »
I got same email looks like kodi is being shut down it appears that in next 2 weeks all uk terrestrial telly will be gone from these boxes . Oh well that's another avenue for uk Tv in Spain gone . Any ideas where to go next ?

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
UK TV via Internet
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 21:50. »
There are lots of other providers streaming UK TV apart from Turks, so I imagine it won't be such a problem, you can also use Mobdro to stream TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk