Author Topic: Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?  (Read 11221 times)

Offline Russell

Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2017, 01:42. »
Well if he knocks on my door he shall be asking for help to get out of my pool not a locksmith. And that's after I have taken my foot off his head.
So come on Frank the Dutchmen if your reading this knock on my door you con artist.
Russell T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hyetometer

Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2017, 11:51. »
Hi all,

please also have a look at the discussion 'con man alert'.

http://www.gasbags.us/index.php?topic=1532.0;topicseen

He 'visited' Arenales del Sol in November 2016 and told me the same story. I'm German, and he's definitely German, too, speaking with an accent of a North-German. The name he told me was Karl-Heinz. For British people he probably uses Frank, can be better pronounced by them, and maybe he thinks a Dutchman is more trustworthy and likeable to the British than a German.

As to the legal consequences: I reported the incident to the housekeeper, who accompanied me to the adminstration. They rang the police and were told, that they couldn't do anything. If at all, it was a case for the 'policia nacional'.

I was very upset even days later, not so much because of the 50 Euros, but because I was so stupid to believe him and because I'm German and feel he damages our reputation. (There are very few Germans around in Arenales, I only know one couple.)

Monika