Author Topic: Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2017, 14:36. »
Unfortunately under Spanish law, non-violent theft of amounts under €400 are not covered by the criminal code.  This is how he and others like him get away with it time and time again. >:(

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/04/10/inenglish/1397141607_871230.html

Offline Stan

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 16:22. »
Just tell him to turn up at John's door, he seems to think he is harmless!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 16:44. »
He'd be more than welcome Stan, like the others who've tried it his first visit would be his last.

I often wonder if that guys injured cat is still on my roof, or if my water pressure really does need testing, or the valve on the gas fire pressure testing, or if they've raised enough money for homeless children, or if that rare butterfly did get in my house, still I can wonder about all this whilst that nice chap from Microsoft can talk to me about the virus on my computer.

I see that the lad who sits outside Mercadona looking for a job has had a nice new haircut and had a few tints added, folk must be feeling generous

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 16:54. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 16:51. »
Im taking the serious stance simply because were quite relaxed in our spanish house though not complacent. When frank visited last year he let himself into the garden and was near the open front door being august, our 2 and 5 year old were playing outside, the wife heard the gate click and knowing the handle is high level went out onto the balcony and nearly bumped into frank who then gave his sob story. i came to see what was happening and even not being aware of who he was sent him packing. Were the kids harmed,no, was money taken again, no, but it changed 14 years of relaxed attitude, now we have a new gate which is always locked.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 17:58. »
I guess this scenario is just another difference in our cultures, oh how I wish I could have been a Spanish copper, not having to deal with anything under €400 would be bliss and I bet they don't deal with Facebook crimes either, just people swimming in the pool at siesta time.;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Stuart159

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 18:41. »
A politician you see daily on TV makes a promise.You take it, at best, with a pinch of salt. A bloke you've never seen before wants money and promises to return it! Just let that sink in.

Offline Stan

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 19:30. »
Why would it be his last visit John? If he is harmless you are not going to kick his ass surely, he is doing no wrong after all!

Offline Chris C

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 19:48. »

At 2am in the morning.

I don't think he's harmless, and certainly not welcome in GA. The more people who are aware the better

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 19:56. »
Agreed, this chap walked into my friends lounge and the door opening woke her up, what would he have got up to if she had been upstairs or on her own, he had previously stolen her husbands pipe from outside, he is far from harmless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 20:08. »

At 2am in the morning.

I don't think he's harmless, and certainly not welcome in GA. The more people who are aware the better

He might be harmless but I'm not Stan ;-)
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 23:05. »
I've already described how I drove past him but by the time I'd turned around he'd vanished. Seems like plenty people have had the chance to stop him but haven't. Finding and stopping him surely can't be difficult. The guy 'works ' everyday and wears the same clothes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stan

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 11:00. »
John, as I asked previously why would you wish to do him harm if you say he is harmless and doing no wrong?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 13:24. »
He is harmless Stan, wouldn't hurt a fly from all that I've read, it's one of the reasons he stays clear of the law.
However if someone wants to scam me they'd be left in no doubt as to how I felt and if they entered my house uninvited a respectable amount of force would be used to evict them, comprende?

Offline Stan

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2017, 00:43. »
You say he is harmless and doing nothing wrong so why would he try to scam you? "Scam" would imply a crime and a crime would be likely to cause you harm and be illegal surely? I can understsnd that perhaps you mean that he is unlikely to become violent but in no way can he be described as harmless and doing nothing wrong while the sole reason for him to visit GA is to dupe innocent people into parting with their hard earned cash in return for a pack of lies.
Comprende?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2017, 09:05. »
Where did I say he's doing nothing wrong Stan?
He's a cheap scam man , as noted previously he doesn't damage property and isn't violent, in my book harmless
If he threatened folk with violence or did criminal damage he would be having  porridge for breakfast.
The sky is blue today, can we agree on that?

Regards all

John