Author Topic: Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?  (Read 11224 times)

Offline bramleylad

Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 01:40. »
Not wanted John merely warning ,as in" please be aware this man is operating in the area" surely if it stopped innocent people getting ripped off it's worth it? and you know with the some of the rentals they don't give a monkeys who is having their property as long as they are getting their  money let alone perhaps put them off with stories of scams

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 08:58. »
"Please be aware" "wanted" whatever, completely over the top.
He's a petty conman operating a fairly harmless con just as countless others are doing in holiday resorts around the world

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 18:16. »
I agree John regarding non residents and tourists not wanting to spend their time in the policia station, i was referring to the residents of GA who must know more about frank than what is on this forum, he clearly has a vehicle what is it where does he keep it, where does he live, who with, so many questions but after several years no answers.

Lots of people know of him and his MO, he apparently drives a blue German plated small car and lives in El Altet. when I took his picture and  drove him out of my urb I soon realised from talking to other residents that he has been at it for about 10 years, and probably has not been caught in that time, I know he won't be visiting where I live for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 20:25. »
I'm not entirely sure he's doing anything illegal?
From what I can gather he doesn't steal anything, he just asks for money and people give him some without any formal agreement to get any of it back.
Might try it  ;)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 21:52. »
Sorry dleafy im not sure of the spanish equivalent but under uk law it is a crime under several types, easily a fraud or just simple obtaining property ie money under false pretences, as soon as someone hands him money the offence is complete.
when the wife intercepted him last year his sole intention was to obtain money under a false story with no intention of giving it back.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 21:58. by victor »
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 18:10. »
I'm not entirely sure he's doing anything illegal?
From what I can gather he doesn't steal anything, he just asks for money and people give him some without any formal agreement to get any of it back.
Might try it  ;)

He says he will pay you back the next day when he can get more money from the ATM, that's why he uses the sum of €540/50, as most ATMs won't let you take out more than €500 a day, he also states he lives on the Urb where you are, and that he has been burgled, all complete fabrication for his con.
Which puts it into the theft/fraud area of UK law.
I don't know if Spanish law covers this scenario?.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 18:38. »
If his crime was that heinous the Spanish authorities would have put an end to his little game.
I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry than him.
If I called into the Police station at home and said I'd lent £50 to someone I didn't know and they said they'd pay me back and haven't I reckon the officer and desk would  call me a mug and tell me that I'd hopefully learned my lesson before wishing me good afternoon

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 20:34. »
Have to say...I agree with you John.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be my mam used to say.
I know some people are very generous and willing to help their fellow man....but if some stranger wanted me to give them money, they'd have to wait half an hour for me to stop laughing before I said no!

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 21:08. »
Same here!, he will carry on picking on the gullible until someone gives him a slap

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 21:15. »
Its a fine line between being a right chump where your mates say "you never fell for that old tale " and my late nan who at the age of 92 was relieved of a £100 on her doorstep by a member of the travelling fraternity who told her a convincing tale of the cost of replacing a water main which coincidentally the local water board were doing out in the street, my nan duly paid her share as did several other elderly residents. The point being when dutch frank comes round he doesnt know or care whether the person will tell him to sling his hook or a vulnerable 92 year old will gladly lend him the money, either way he needs locking up.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Chris C

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 22:50. »
"Please be aware" "wanted" whatever, completely over the top.
He's a petty conman operating a fairly harmless con just as countless others are doing in holiday resorts around the world

Regards all

John

Harmless? He's a serial con merchant obtaining money by deception. I am certain that the Spanish authorities (knowing how much they value the tourism economy in the area) would take a dim view if enough people complained! Why should he get away with it.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 07:02. »
He doesn't make forceful entry into peoples property, he doesn't damage people's property
He doesn't demand money with menaces or threaten people at all.
He gives a sob story that people fall for.
At least those who fall for it know what they've done and had a choice in the matter, they just made the wrong one.
The bar staff who short change me don't offer me the choice of furnishing their pockets with my hard earned nor do the pick pockets in Lidll
On the scale of things I'd say he is harmless

Offline Duncan S

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 09:26. »
Sorry John, he is a serial thief. Obtaining  property by any deception WHATSOEVER is theft. No entry need be gained;no property needs to be damaged and no threats need to be made.
The short change merchants are also committing theft as are the pickpockets. Tolerate these offences and the type of crimes escalate.
He needs to be stopped!
Duncan S

Offline MDAES75

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 11:21. »
He was in Altomar 2, GA last night. Same guy as on the photos and wearing joggers and yellow trainers. Knocked on our door at 10pm. I was watching a movie with my wife and young kids. He said he was a neighbour (Dutch) and had been burgled and was locked out. Moaned about the Spanish police and said they told him to sleep outside and a local Irish bar had given his wife and kids a sandwich. He looked a bit glazed (possibly a user??) and talked constantly. From initially thinking he could be a neighbour warning us of a burglary, I quickly realised he was a conman and had to quite forcefully tell him that we didn't know him and weren't going to help him. He did leave but actually pretended to start crying as he left!! When he got to the end of the drive, he had a conversation with someone who had apparently been standing/waiting out of sight. I don't know if this was a passer-by or accomplice. I'm going to pop down to the local police today to make them aware. By the way, I'm only here on holiday, it was only after he'd gone that I Googled the words 'conman' and 'gran alacant' when I found this thread and thought I'd register to add my own experience.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 11:30. »
Last time he knocked on my door I told him he would get a slap if he returned ... haven't seen him since