Author Topic: Internet!!!! or lack of it!!  (Read 7994 times)

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Internet!!!! or lack of it!!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 09:39. »
Seems to be back to normal (for Spain).
Worth remembering that Grannet is, as far as I know, an English company, as opposed to Telefonica who I use for internet, and despite their reputation, I haven't had a single problem in literally YEARS.

Offline Grannet

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 11:35. »
Good Morning folks,
Just to inform you all that we have now changed our backup service to an automatic service which will connect in the event of a break in service. This is a parrallel service, so you wont have any disruption apart from maybe having to re-load a page. This swervice has also been augmented to provide the speeds that you're used to. As you all know, GranNet work tirelessly to both improve and expand our fibre to the home service in Gran Alacant. Not even Telefonica can provide this service in Gran Alacant. So please be patient people. We are investing heavily to provide the best service available. Yes we are human and things can go wrong from time to time, equipment can fail, power can be cut, a digger may dig through a line in Madrid!!  but when these things happen, we work as fast a spossible to restore service.
In the meantime, remember that we have normal office hours, just like any other service provider does. emails can be sent to me directly in the eventy of any out of hours problems at mark@grannet.es.

Mark

GranNet

Offline Grannet

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 11:50. »
Worth remembering that Grannet is, as far as I know, an English company, as opposed to Telefonica who I use for internet, and despite their reputation, I haven't had a single problem in literally YEARS.

I'm afriad you could'nt be more wrong Gavetran. Obviously we are all free to drive any car we wish.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 13:29. »
Wrong about what?

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 15:13. »

I doubt that their internet comes from the UK. The point I was making was that the Internet has been fluctuating in the last few weeks and is not of the usual standard that I have had from Grannet in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 19:00. »
Wrong about what?

I think Grannet is a Spanish registered company gaveteran.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 21:02. »
I didn't say their internet came from the UK, that would be absurd. I simply pointed out that, as far as I know, they are (despite where they are registered, which is obviously Spain) a British run company. So any comments concerning Spain's lacklustre internet connections should not use them as a reference point.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 21:36. »
Its not a British run company. The Directors I have met have been Spanish, Dutch and Irish and all the staff I have met have been Spanish.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 08:46. »
Is mark not british ?
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 09:08. »
My family members from Ireland will all tell you that they are Irish, particularly as they live south of the border, I believe Mark is from the Dublin area

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 12:45. »
Regardless of the pretty high degree of pedantry, I don't think Grannet is not a "Spanish company" in any other regard than being literally registered in Spain.

My main point remains that I don't think Spain has poor performance is supplying a reliable internet connection. It simply depends who you contract, and what you pay for it. Unlike the UK, Spain doesn't record every click you make for the government to read, cap the connection even when its supposed to be unlimited, and send scary emails if you download coronation street, so in fact I think Spanish internet trumps the UK in every regard.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 13:34. »
I don't think theUK does any of that never had a problem with my bt internet in uk or GATV in Spain both work very well

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 15:41. »
It must be a long time since you've used the Internet in the UK or you need to change your provider gaveteran.
For £27.20 a month I get a land line, free calls, caller recognition, Internet that's never been capped and we watch at least three or four movies a week in HD quality, security protection for up to five devices.......great value with no problems whatsoever
If GCHQ want to be a bit nosey, I'll accept that for national security.
As Spurs says GATV very good and great value for money, particularly on the "monthly" holiday package

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 16:17. »
I didn't say their internet came from the UK, that would be absurd. I simply pointed out that, as far as I know, they are (despite where they are registered, which is obviously Spain) a British run company. So any comments concerning Spain's lacklustre internet connections should not use them as a reference point.

I still don't  see any relevance in where the company is registered having an effect on its internet reliability in Spain. They probably get the Internet from somewhere in Spain, and I find the service not as reliable as the Internet that I had in UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 20:14. »
Agreed.  I think the important issue is that Grannet seems to be cleaning up its act by installing a fall-back system.  I´m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Bert