Author Topic: Doctors  (Read 1683 times)

Offline SueB

Doctors
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:19. »
Do you have to make an appointment to see the doctor at the Health Centre or can you just go in and wait. I had a fall yesterday and hurt my wrist/hand and although I do not think I have broken it, if the swelling and discomfort does not improve I might have to go down that route in case it is not just a very bad sprain.

Sue

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Doctors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:35. »
I didnt have an appointment when I had to take my daughter. We had to wait a while but no more than I would here in the UK even tho I have an appt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
Doctors
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 16:01. »
No appointment necessary but may have to wait.

If you nip down to Santa Pola  Urgencies next to market they will xray and sort it out one way or another.  take your SIP/ passport and ehic if you use one,saves a lot of questions if you no speaky the lingo.

Offline SueB

Doctors
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:24. »
Thank you 'puddy_woo' and Tony & Lesley for replying. Luckily it does not seem to be broken. I did end up going to the pharmacy and they sold me a support bandage and said that they did not think it was broken. I have been applying gel and using ice packs and it all seems to be slowly working, but now I have the information for the future, although hopefully will not need it. I did wonder about the centre in Santa Pola  but again I had no idea what facilities they had. I was even looking at how to get to Elche hospital in case I needed an x-ray. My philosophy is, if you are prepared then you will probably not need it. Thank you once again.