Author Topic: Best Wishes To The New Owners  (Read 10657 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Best Wishes To The New Owners
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:10. »

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 22:50. »
Good luck to the new owners, does anyone know what the new venture is going to be i assume not a bar as the previous ones have never really done that well, and something different might have a chance.
They dont like it up em !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 21:57. »
May be jumping to the wrong conclusion but we passed by this evening and going by the fliers outside - karaoke etc - it seems like more of the same. Didn't go in but it was empty (21.30)

Non the less, we wish them well.

Dave

Offline Maricia

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 16:29. »
We was speaking to Ann recently and aparantly it is to remain a bar. We also heard that Roger from Barloko has bought Big Al's in Masa Sq - don't know the details as to why he is leaving Barloko but wish him well with his new venture.

BW

Maricia

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 20:28. »
If true thats a shame that he's moving from Loko - or perhaps the empire is expanding !!

Personally I would like someone to take on the old E'Spigo - thats got potential (if MASA makes the rent reasonable)
BeachLife

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 00:47. »
Purely an assumption but guessing that Rogers going solo,if so he knows his trade and has a large loyal customer base. Wish him all the best. I recall going to big Als for breakfast several years ago after it had opened, the lady who ran it was quite rude and unappealing, never set foot in the place again, whenever walking past always quiet so maybe others felt the same.

Offline Maricia

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 08:51. »
If true thats a shame that he's moving from Loko - or perhaps the empire is expanding !!

Personally I would like someone to take on the old E'Spigo - thats got potential (if MASA makes the rent reasonable)

It could be a rumour but I have heard from a few different people now and it is definitely not an expansion of the bar! Also heard Zest management are not on speaking terms!

BW

Maricia

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 22:10. »
Purely an assumption but guessing that Rogers going solo,if so he knows his trade and has a large loyal customer base. Wish him all the best. I recall going to big Als for breakfast several years ago after it had opened, the lady who ran it was quite rude and unappealing, never set foot in the place again, whenever walking past always quiet so maybe others felt the same.

Alison says it how it is, and along with Brendan and the rest of the clan are one of the warmest and friendliest families ive ever met, they will be sorely missed around Masa Square.
So where do you go for a drink Victor im intrigued?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 22:45. »
Not jumping to conclusions but judging by the lack of customers every time i walked past, i would say the "say it as it is " approach clearly hasnt done much to expand the business.
As for where i frequent Llamedos, in GA we go to lots of places it normally depends on time of day and time of year, a place thats nice in april during the day can be hell on an evening in august. We normally try and avoid the locations the tourists go to in july/august, anyone wearing a football shirt, women with tatoos and some of the expat community who should have turned left out of the airport towards benidorm.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 17:20. »
Id love to know which bar you go in as the other half has tattoos, she can wait in the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 21:26. by llamedos »

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 20:06. »
Steady guys.  It's getting close to personal!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 21:56. »
Its never personal on my behalf, i just prefer certain things in life and avoid others. And to answer the question i mormally drink in my own bar.

Offline gunner

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 18:49. »
Ha Ha the one thing i dont mis about Ga after 10 years there .Is the good old Ga Chinese whispers.99% of the time it is total rubbish. Just like the Roger buying Big Als If he is he has forgot to tell Alison.LOl 

Offline bramleylad

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 19:55. »
Ha Gunner , it might be that Brendan has sold it and forgotten !!? to tell Allison  and spent the money for an injury fund for Andy Carroll ! lol  :)

Offline gunner

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 23:58. »
Ha Ha i hadent thought of that PMSL