Author Topic: golf courses in the area  (Read 2633 times)

Offline matjo

golf courses in the area
« on: July 27, 2016, 20:13. »
sorry if this should be in the sports area (admin feel free to move it there)
Pretty regular visitor to GA and I'm looking to play golf in the area (within 20 miles) so just looking for some advice on where to play.
many thanks.
Matt

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
golf courses in the area
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 20:31. »
El Plantio just off the N332 just after Alicante Airport

http://www.elplantiogolfresort.es/EN/home.html?id_referer=ADWORDS&gclid=CLXskMajlM4CFYUV0wodJowOJg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Andy L

golf courses in the area
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 23:09. »
There are quite a few, Google golf courses  Alicante, there is Alicante, Font De Llop,Bonalba,Allenda and a few more heading down towards Torrevieja ⛳

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
golf courses in the area
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:07. »
Bonalbas really nice. There's a golf course and a nice pool area and restaurant. Our hubbies play 9 holes and we chill out round pool then have nice lunch. Is a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
golf courses in the area
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:29. »
As regards advice on where to play, it depends on what you are looking for. You don't say whether you are a social golfer or a really serious low handicapper or somewhere in between.

If you want a challenge, try Las Ramblas, generally thought of as one of the toughest in the area - http://www.golfquara.com/las-ramblas/golf-las-ramblas.htm - or for a gentler, but testing,  walk try La Finca or Villamartin (same ownership), all these are south of Alicante around 30 mins drive. El Plantio is closest to GA and has some interesting holes, Alenda is further out on the road to Madrid and is a good course with several challenging holes, Font de Llop is another tough one and Bonalba is a good course for all and quite scenic in places. All this in my personal opinion, of course, others may have different views.

Have a good trip wherever you decide to play.

Michael
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
golf courses in the area
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 14:46. »
Alicante golf course is a great course designed by Seve Ballesteros and well worth a visit. As with all the courses best booking a tee time as they can get very busy with societies etc but quitter in summer as too hot for most!

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
golf courses in the area
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 14:55. »

Offline matjo

golf courses in the area
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 21:20. »
Hi all thanks for the advice, as i'm just a social player don't really want to much of a test but seems most of the local courses are well thought of.

Offline Billogs

golf courses in the area
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 08:10. »
Go to Websters and have a word with Mick about going along with the golf society. They play on a Tuesday and accept guests. Usually get much better deals on green fees as well.
Regards
Gary

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
golf courses in the area
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 10:38. »
Give it a few months and you could be playing on our own course in GA !!!! Lol

Offline matjo

golf courses in the area
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 20:06. »
just as a follow up has anyone used or know anyone who used golf4ualicante to book golf in the region?
CIA