Author Topic: Madrid to Alicante  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Madrid to Alicante
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:30. »
Hello all
We are planning to fly into Madrid (as the flights are £70 compared to £150+ to ALC)
Spend a couple of days in Madrid then get the train/drive to Alicante, for a chilling week in GA.
My question is...could anyone recommend any places to visit/stop over in between Madrid and Alicante??
Thanks.....
Phillip

Offline Annette

Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59. »
Cuenca is well worth a visit.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 16:10. »
I'm with Annette on this, if you treat yourselves to a trip on the AVE it stops there so you could break the journey, if not the regular trains also pass through or you may decide to drive, it is about half way ish to Alicante and well worth a look.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 16:15. »
The Parador is in a magical location, we stayed there last May, it was brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 20:04. »
A view looking down at the Casas Colgadas and the AVE station, complete with AVE passing through

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 14:45. »
Thanks all
Yes Cuenca looks fab...
Great photos thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, what the difference between AVE and normal train?
Hotel looks fab John, but at £200 a night and we would need 3 rooms will look for something cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 14:46. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 15:28. »
The AVE train is the high speed train and very comfortable and only has a few stops between Madrid and Alicante. The regular train is slow and stops at numerous places en route and I think takes twice the time.

Try and book well in advance for best fares, I think 3 months may be maximum. We booked business class last year and it was about 44 euros from memory and for that you get access to lounge at Madrid with free drinks, snacks and wifi and on board very luxurious seats plus a 3 course meal with wine and liqueurs.
If you wait until last minute the prices are much higher and limited on the AVE.

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
Madrid to Alicante
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 23:33. »
ooh la la...AVE sounds great...that's defo the way to travel...thanks a lot will have a look into it.
Phillip