Author Topic: Fully Comp.......  (Read 3992 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 20:46. »
Maybe we should do a car share???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 07:25. »
Well, to add to the litany of scams, you may recall I posted about a charge made by Centauro for €350 for €70 parcel shelf a couple of months back. After much argument & argy bargy, neither Centauro or my Credit Card company wanted to know. Submitted a claim to my Car Hire Excess policy people only to discover "it doesn't cover the inside of the car, sir". Rogues and charlatans, the lot of them.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 09:08. »
That's awful!. I would contact them and ask for a copy of the receipt for the new parcel shelf.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 10:25. »
C'mon llamedos give the poor hire company a break.
Without such a key component as a rear parcel shelf there is no way that car could have been hired out, thereby resulting in possibly four days of lost income.
Maria in the office, once she had received the email from Miguel at the compound saying that the shelf was missing, had to get Alfredo from security to investigate the matter as there had been previous reports of Miguel selling parts on eBay he claimed had been nabbed by customers.
After being taken out to a fine lunch courtesy of Miguel,  Alfredo reported back to Maria that Miguel was in the clear.
Maria then had to email Anna in the purchasing department a purchase order request that had to be sanctioned by Pedro.
Once sanctioned Anna contacted four dealerships for quotes on the parcel shelf, she had to visit three of these dealerships as for some reason the parts manager wanted to meet her, she's pretty fit by all accounts
After all this, not forgetting that the accounts department had been contacted in order that they could screw, sorry contact Tony to advise him of the shocking state in which he returned the car, the part could be finally ordered
Fernando, whose 5 minute drive to the Repsol station to brim the cars with fuel normally costs you €25 is charged with driving to the far side of Alicante to collect the part.
Once back at the depot, Ivan a skilled technician has to fit the parcel shelf, obviously after consulting the owners manual which wasn't in the car, he had to get Phillipe to find it in the repository
For ease of understanding I've left out about 65 other key stages in the process
The company's senior  managers, who we should remember set company policy, when reviewing their team members objectives to screw, sorry meet and exceed customers expectations, can sleep well in their beds knowing that their profit share scheme will amply cover the cost of the state cabin on next years 14 night Baltic  cruise.
I can only conclude that Tony got off lightly

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:56. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 11:01. »
Very good John
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 14:55. »
Brilliant, you should write a fawlty towers sketch.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 20:05. »
Time on your hands John??? . We just took our car back to Record. Took lots of photos before we dropped it off and then got they guy to check it over. He gave it the all clear  so fingers crossed.  Was a lovely car, Renault Megane with 43 kilometres on the clock. 

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 20:29. »
I was waiting for Mrs H to decide which shoes she was going to wear JB !!

When we were out in May/June I had two Meganes, one with about 12K on the clock and a brand new one,  a Sport in white, I was well impressed, a very good car..........I just wish they'd leave the radio aerial on!! Luckily I keep a spare one with a universal adaptor.

On a serious note it does cost companys to order and replace damaged components, I can understand an admin charge of say 50 Euros, but not the ridiculous charges quoted by Brandon and Tony.

Goldcar just charged me 40 Euros to tell me I picked up a parking offence in Tenerife in April.........I wonder if the fine will arrive???

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Fully Comp.......
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 21:57. »
C'mon llamedos give the poor hire company a break.
Without such a key component as a rear parcel shelf there is no way that car could have been hired out, thereby resulting in possibly four days of lost income.
Maria in the office, once she had received the email from Miguel at the compound saying that the shelf was missing, had to get Alfredo from security to investigate the matter as there had been previous reports of Miguel selling parts on eBay he claimed had been nabbed by customers.
After being taken out to a fine lunch courtesy of Miguel,  Alfredo reported back to Maria that Miguel was in the clear.
Maria then had to email Anna in the purchasing department a purchase order request that had to be sanctioned by Pedro.
Once sanctioned Anna contacted four dealerships for quotes on the parcel shelf, she had to visit three of these dealerships as for some reason the parts manager wanted to meet her, she's pretty fit by all accounts
After all this, not forgetting that the accounts department had been contacted in order that they could screw, sorry contact Tony to advise him of the shocking state in which he returned the car, the part could be finally ordered
Fernando, whose 5 minute drive to the Repsol station to brim the cars with fuel normally costs you €25 is charged with driving to the far side of Alicante to collect the part.
Once back at the depot, Ivan a skilled technician has to fit the parcel shelf, obviously after consulting the owners manual which wasn't in the car, he had to get Phillipe to find it in the repository
For ease of understanding I've left out about 65 other key stages in the process
The company's senior  managers, who we should remember set company policy, when reviewing their team members objectives to screw, sorry meet and exceed customers expectations, can sleep well in their beds knowing that their profit share scheme will amply cover the cost of the state cabin on next years 14 night Baltic  cruise.
I can only conclude that Tony got off lightly

Regards all

John

Love it John, this would of course have been carried out over about 3 weeks hence the delay in receiving an invoice.